Paul Johnson as GT coach

I graduated in Tech Class of '62. During the four years I was at Tech, Bobby Dodd's record was as follows:
'58 5-4-1 UGA L
'59 6-5 UGA L Gator Bowl L
'60 5-5 UGA L
'61 7-4 UGA W Gator Bowl L
I mention this to give some of you with short fuses a little perspective. Bobby Dodd was a Hall of Fame coach, but his glory years were the early/mid fifties.
Bobby Dodd was quite Chan like during your time at Tech. Did you call for firing Bobby Dodd? Were you banned for it?

Bobby Dodd was quite Chan like during your time at Tech. Did you call for firing Bobby Dodd? Were you banned for it?

StinGTalk rules from the Dodd era:

party-lines.jpg

You really cant compare Dodd to PJ. Different time and different Competition .
One thing hasn't changed at all since 1952.

Dodd had 6 (Six!) All-Americans on his 1952 team. Pretty sure I don't need to finish this post to make it clear where I'm going with this.

Here's our pass completion rate and win % for last several years
2012 53% 50%
2013 45% 54%
2014 52% 79%
2015 42% 25%
2016 52% 69%
2017 36% 45%

Looks like we really did well to do as well as we did last year.

R-value = 0.647 (R^2 = 0.418), FWIW

Its hard to recruit the players you want with the standards you have.

Can we stop giving our fans and our coaches this excuse?

Stanford and ND do just fine.

Duke and UNC do just fine in basketball.

This gimmicky coach kills our recruiting. Nobody wants to play offense in this system, and good defensive players don't want to waste 3-5 years of their life practicing against it.

Then, since we fail at getting any of the top Georgia kids, UGA feasts off of that opportunity. CPJ's gimmicky system puts a ceiling on us, kills our recruiting, and helps UGA's recruiting.

He has to go.

And as GT continues to gain academic prestige, our curriculum will continue to be a major roadblock unless something drastic changes.

This is the stupidest thing ever and all it does is empower mediocre coaches to have a ready made excuse.

Stanford. Duke. UNC.

Now stop it.

This is the stupidest thing ever and all it does is empower mediocre coaches to have a ready made excuse.

Stanford. Duke. UNC.

Now stop it.

LOL that you include UNC in your argument. UNC pretty much shat their academic prestige.

LOL that you include UNC in your argument. UNC pretty much shat their academic prestige.
Not really. The AA studies thing affected a tiny percentage of students and hasn’t affected UNC’s broader reputation at all, AFAICT.

Not really. The AA studies thing affected a tiny percentage of students and hasn’t affected UNC’s broader reputation at all, AFAICT.

The AA studies is a sham program where UNC can hide athletes. If UNC were a private school, like Duke or Stanford, would these practices have been exposed?

Stanford. Duke. UNC.

Now stop it.
LOL that you think those schools are at all comparable to GT's narrow curriculum.

It's not an excuse - it's a reality that we'd be foolish to ignore when making coaching decisions going forward.

LOL that you think those schools are at all comparable to GT's narrow curriculum.

It's not an excuse - it's a reality that we'd be foolish to ignore when making coaching decisions going forward.
The inevitable conclusion to this line of thinking is Dave Braine.

Back