Paul Johnson as GT coach

You keep missing the main point. He completed only 43 PASSES then entire season. His percentage was actually lower than that. 37% I believe.

****Offense was pretty basic under TM last year, and defenses learned to take advantage of it.

I'm new here, so thanks for the info Colt! What point am I truly missing?

I'm showing my ignorance here but who is TM?

***If TM is PJs subordinate pseudo offensive coordinator, why did PJ except what he was doing??? (I gots to know!)

*Doesn’t sound like the PJ I knew at GSU & NAVY. What I mean by that is PJ always called the shots with his offense!!!

I understand the 17 -19 thing.
Just my opinion but I look at GT as the VANDY of the ACC. Its hard to recruit the players you want with the standards you have.
I think Johnson would have been a better fit at Nebraska, but I doubt he'll ever have that chance.

Be careful what you wish for. Georgia Southern uses the Triple Option and wins with it. Then when the HC moves on we hire a new HC with a totally different scheme and go through a 4-5 year loosing streak. I'm not saying another coach couldn't do better for a while but they are not easy to find.
You are pretty stupid with this opinion!

You keep missing the main point. He completed only 43 PASSES then entire season. His percentage was actually lower than that. 37% I believe.

Offense was pretty basic under TM last year, and defenses learned to take advantage of it.

Thank you, Colt.

I'm new here, so thanks for the info Colt! What point am I truly missing?

I'm showing my ignorance here but who is TM?

***If TM is PJs subordinate pseudo offensive coordinator, why did PJ except what he was doing??? (I gots to know!)

*Doesn’t sound like the PJ I knew at GSU & NAVY. What I mean by that is PJ always called the shots with his offense!!!

TM is our starting QB. The one who completed 43 passes for an entire season whilst running 2065 QB Keepers.

Thank you, Colt.

Yeah, we're not Vandy. Vandy is a better situation in every regard except stadium size, fan support, and tradition. They can pay players without getting caught, their in state rival is not only garbage, it's in-conference garbage so they can schedule an extra patsy OOC game. They can cook up whatever majors they want to hide athletes in, they have richer boosters who can pay recruits moms off before signing day, and they aren't beholden to a state government body that their rival controls politically. They have a comparable metropolitan footprint.

It's really pretty amazing we've been able to hold the fort.

edit: oh yeah, their cross division rival isn't Alabama either.

Well that wasn't very nice, U mean person U.

You took it the wrong way, but I can see why. I didn't really explain my comparison very well.

Still FatHeadWithAsmallJacket , No need to name call - you name caller of bad intent!

Buzz Off!

Yeah, we're not Vandy. Vandy is a better situation in every regard except stadium size, fan support, and tradition. They can pay players without getting caught, their in state rival is not only garbage, it's in-conference garbage so they can schedule an extra patsy OOC game. They can cook up whatever majors they want to hide athletes in, they have richer boosters who can pay recruits moms off before signing day, and they aren't beholden to a state government body that their rival controls politically. They have a comparable metropolitan footprint.

My Bad, Beej67!

Well that wasn't very nice, U mean person U.

You took it the wrong way, but I can see why. I didn't really explain my comparison very well.

Still FatHeadWithAsmallJacket , No need to name call - you name caller of bad intent!

Buzz Off!
You are a Double Idiot. I have no intent, I merely made an observation. You might think it is my opinion. You are probably so stupid as to think I called you a name, but I really only made an observation.

No intent, good or bad. No name.

See how stupid you are?

You are a Double Idiot. I have no intent, I merely made an observation. You might think it is my opinion. You are probably so stupid as to think I called you a name, but I really only made an observation.

No intent, good or bad. No name.

See how stupid you are?

FatJackA$$ stated - "You are pretty stupid with this opinion!"

Your intent was clear buffoon. You don't like someone's post so you insult their intellect.

By the way, you should have no opinion unless I tell you what it should be.

Party on FatA$$!

We’ve reached the low point of the off season before UGA’s even finished playing. Yikes.

Not sure if the comparison is supposed to make us feel worse or better, but to say Vandy is better off than us, or has more potential or whatever, is obviously very wrong.

Last edited:
We’ve reached the low point of the off season before UGA’s even finished playing. Yikes.

Not sure if the comparison is supposed to make us feel worse or better, but to say Vandy is a better off than us, or has more potential or whatever, is obviously very wrong.

Was not ment to make the GTs team look bad or their fans. As I stated in the above post to BeeJ it was a bad comparison on my part!

I emphatically endorse the option of either going private, or becoming a political powerhouse capable of seizing control of the board of regents, so we can emulate the things Stanford, Duke, and UNC are doing as programs. If we did either of those things, we could compete regularly with Georgia. Especially if we kept CPJ as a coach.

Couple of questions.

“Option of going private.” Is this an option in reality? Would not the state have to relinquish control of GT, for lack of s better phrase? I would prefer, speaking for myself, being able to “seize more control” if that were possible. Threaten, cajole, bribe, intimidate, blackmail or whatever is necessary to make any anti GT bigot modify their behavior.

Secondly, if we were able to go private, is this to help us athletically? If we go private, what is the guarantee things would be better for the GTAA? How do we know the HillScums would not, somehow, make it worse for the GTAA?

And if we were able to go private, I think the bad PR created would put us in a similar position as when we left the SEC. And that was bad. Damn near killed our athletic program.

Last edited:
Back