Stingtalk Butthurt Exchange version 2017 - Week 0

If you short something and guess wrong, and don't have cash on hand to clear the short, will you automatically sell back shares of other holdings to cover it or are you just out?

If you short something and guess wrong, and don't have cash on hand to clear the short, will you automatically sell back shares of other holdings to cover it or are you just out?

You're out when all your assets are not enough to clear the short at the market price for that week.

You don't have to have cash to clear the short. You can keep the short until the end of the game. At the end of the game, it's automatically cleared. But if your portfolio is in the negative at any point, you're out.

You don't have to have cash to clear the short. You can keep the short until the end of the game. At the end of the game, it's automatically cleared. But if your portfolio is in the negative at any point, you're out.

Ahh I get it.

I just watched something that cured me of my HypC delusion.....2015 Dwags @ GT.
I have never seen a worse collection of:
- OL blocking
- QB passing
- QB option decisions
- dropped passes

This should be required viewing before you put 10 large on HypC:

OK, this made me feel much better / got the taste of bile out of my mouth:

I just watched something that cured me of my HypC delusion.....2015 Dwags @ GT.
I have never seen a worse collection of:
- OL blocking
- QB passing
- QB option decisions
- dropped passes

This should be required viewing before you put 10 large on HypC:

I see someone is trying to influence the market before dropping money on HypC. We see right through your tactics!

I see someone is trying to influence the market before dropping money on HypC. We see right through your tactics!
You did. I traded my remaining cash for a large bag of pills and some scopolamine. I say "bag" but I'm almost certain it's a stomach of some kind.

OP portfolio table updated with the new entries.

Why have separate columns for short positions? Have they not taught negative numbers at your elementary school yet?

Why have separate columns for short positions? Have they not taught negative numbers at your elementary school yet?

They will be moved over after the first week of play and you're given the cash for your short sell.

You can short something and buy something else. You can only short in the total amount of your portfolio. If you buy a short and the prices go up next trading week and the rest of your portfolio is not enough to cover for buying the commodity to return to the exchange then you're in the negative and out of the game.

So, this means that all short sells have to be settled up after the next game, is that right?

So, this means that all short sells have to be settled up after the next game, is that right?

You can keep the short position all season as long as it doesn't cause your portfolio to go negative. You get the cash for the short after the next game.

You can keep the short position all season as long as it doesn't cause your portfolio to go negative. You get the cash for the short after the next game.

Does closing a short position work the same way, or will we be able to do that in-week?

Does closing a short position work the same way, or will we be able to do that in-week?

You can do it in week. You can even change your mind now and go long on mutthurt because you heard something about App State possibly beating uga on week 1.

Back