Stingtalk Butthurt Exchange version 2017 - Week 0

Not on this exchange. You're welcome to create a secondary market off the exchange and use your BHCs, HypC, MHCs and cash and trade them with each other.
Would we then just report our side trade to you, to keep the spreadsheet updated?

Would we then just report our side trade to you, to keep the spreadsheet updated?

Yeah that's fine. Something like Beej 500 MHC - $5,000 TIA. But like I said, don't post bids and asks on this thread. Some of the older folks are already confused, I don't want their brains to blow. Also you can't trade shorts with each other.

You can short something and buy something else. You can only short in the total amount of your portfolio. If you buy a short and the prices go up next trading week and the rest of your portfolio is not enough to cover for buying the commodity to return to the exchange then you're in the negative and out of the game.
Cool

Id like to short $10k of Hype and big $10k more of Butthurt

Cool

Id like to short $10k of Hype and big $10k more of Butthurt

You can't buy $10K more of BHC you already spent all your cash on it. You can short $10K on Hype. You wanna continue?

You can't buy $10K more of BHC you already spent all your cash on it. You can short $10K on Hype. You wanna continue?
I'm shorting $10k of hype and using the proceeds from that short to buy the additional butthurt. That's how leverage works.

I'm shorting $10k of hype and using the proceeds from that short to buy the additional butthurt. That's how leverage works.

The clearing house takes awhile to give you the cash for your short bet, you can only use the funds from your sale after the next game.

You night want to institute a maximum margin %. Otherwise I'll short $1MM hype to buy $1MM butthurt and use my alternate, er, my friend's account to do the opposite. Either way, I'll be sure to win.

You night want to institute a maximum margin %. Otherwise I'll short $1MM hype to buy $1MM butthurt and use my alternate, er, my friend's account to do the opposite. Either way, I'll be sure to win.

You can't short $1mm hype, you can only short in the amount of your total portfolio value for that week. You get the money for it next week.

He already effectively has. 1x.

What kind of bullshit Mickey Mouse clearinghouse is this? Give me some on margin then, what's the margin interest rate?

I already logged your $10,000 short of HypC. You'll get your money in September.

833.33 shares of HypC please (I'm not playing with borrowed money on my 15-0 dream).

I'll buy all the HyC I can buy. After uGA beats ND, I want to immediately sell all HyC and buy all the MHC I can, and I'll retire after uGA loses to Tennessee.

I'll buy all the HyC I can buy. After uGA beats ND, I want to immediately sell all HyC and buy all the MHC I can, and I'll retire after uGA loses to Tennessee.

833 HypC recorded. Let me know after the ND game what you wanna do.

Weeks 8-10 are where the separation is going to be made in this competition.

edit:

err, games 8-10. I need to stick byes into my spreadsheet.

Back