Paul Johnson interview

We did recruit smaller athletic lineman. Shaq mason was short; I think Parker Braun weighed 285. None of them were ever 6’1 260 though, much less an average of the bunch
Because of our offense and how much running the O line did,!in practice and in games, they probably lost weight during the season
But to have an “average” of 6-1, 260?
Hell, he must have counted the walkons
Twice

He was asked about Key and he basically said well .. key came with goof and he made the “we didn’t come here to play small ball comment” in his first presser. I remember Keys first presser. I did not take that as a shot at Paul.
I’m not sure it was a presser but a recorded interview, and it was a slight against the TO in the context of the interview. I remember thinking immediately after he said it, Alabama would have struggled against some of CPJ’s offenses, especially the second Orange Bowl team.

I was lucky enough to be at 3 of the greatest victories any team has ever had over FSU.

There are a few good fan vids of the blocked kick, don't know if they are Stingtalkers or not. The first one is about where my ST's were before I moved to the UN.

CPJ is a legend at GT. He should have a gold key to campus.

I was lucky enough to be at 3 of the greatest victories any team has ever had over FSU.

There are a few good fan vids of the blocked kick, don't know if they are Stingtalkers or not. The first one is about where my ST's were before I moved to the UN.

You’re just wanting to see the progress

öööö you, I was looking forward to depressed lurking in my dark hole today, and now I'm a touch giddy. öööö you.

öööö you, I was looking forward to depressed lurking in my dark hole today, and now I'm a touch giddy. öööö you.
Every season I think "maybe I will just not re-up my season tix." Then I remember FSU games, Maryland and the big sack to end the game, curb stomping Syracuse or Kansas, beating Miami when they were highly ranked (2005 Chan). The fake FG against Clemson - Blair to Thomas - and I go ahead and do it.

I'm kind of a "piss on you, I'm a GT fan"

6744a25f-4b5a-4c8b-8fad-0ca85c44824d_text.gif

I’m not sure it was a presser but a recorded interview, and it was a slight against the TO in the context of the interview. I remember thinking immediately after he said it, Alabama would have struggled against some of CPJ’s offenses, especially the second Orange Bowl team.
Pretty sure Bama cancelled the Tech series after Ga Southern ran all over them.

Pretty sure Bama cancelled the Tech series after Ga Southern ran all over them.
Iirc, Alabama was angling for two games in Tuscaloosa and one game at Ga Dome/MB. Basically a recruiting trip for them. This just may have been one of the rumors. I do know we didn't cancel it.

Who do you think the other ACC coaches were that called Paul?
My guess is Dabo and Narduzzi.

Who do you think the other ACC coaches were that called Paul?
My guess is Dabo and Narduzzi.
I'm thinking one was Fuente. Because PJ was running roughshod over VT there at the end. And then Fuente and the Turkeys kicked the bejeezus out of us in Clown's first year for the first home shutout loss since Sherman came to town.

Was able to talk to Coach in Macon today prior to his induction into the Georgia Sports Hall of Fame tonight. I told him that we missed him at Tech and thanked him for all of the memories he provided. He said thank you and that he appreciated hearing that. He told me that he felt Brent had the program going in the right direction now that they had gotten rid of the problem. :scared: :bowrofl:
But he really seemed happy and content in his retirement. Randy Rhino was also there today. Looks like him, Tony Barnhart, and GSU’s Adrian Petersen would be doing the induction for CPJ this evening.

BA0BF3D6-3814-41E1-9D94-267B5B71121F.jpeg
AP is one of the nicest guys in the world. And one of the best college football players I ever saw. Thank God Syracuse and Florida backed off recruiting him, for Georgia Southern's sake.
When I saw Paul in Statesboro for his College Football HoF whirlwind tour, he seemed to be really happy. He hung out for a short while with a bunch of his former players at the game, but he also left early.

I'm thinking one was Fuente. Because PJ was running roughshod over VT there at the end. And then Fuente and the Turkeys kicked the bejeezus out of us in Clown's first year for the first home shutout loss since Sherman came to town.

Set the way back machine
MV5BMjU1NDkyMjMtYmQ0Yi00M2NkLTg2MzMtODA0YzQ1MWZiYjFiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDcwNDI2MTk@._V1_FMjpg_UX1...jpg

Back