Paul Johnson interview

I'm with you and remember this vividly. 45-0 after we got stopped on 4th & short.

1708968085423.png

1708967716828.png

1708967733545.png

whats-up-scary.gif
Been going to GT games for 5 decades. I have left 1 game before the last second ticked off the clock. This was it. I left half way thru the 4th quarter. I couldn't take it anymore. I felt like the diffyQ, thermo, org chem, def bods, fluids and emag profs were all pounding my ass simulataneously.

The only thing I didn't like was that he kind of made it seem like we had not won anything big before he arrived.
Yeah, I don't like the "Tech wasn't as good since the 50's". Latter O'Leary years were very successful, like Johnson's best years. Gailey didn't match Johnson's highs but technically a better W/L percentage. Between the 50's and O'Leary years though, only some isolated great seasons, so Johnson has a point there if he's talking about sustained success.

Best NFL Draft Pick of Goof Clown Collins Circus Era: P Presley Harvin (Paul Johnson Recruit), Pittsburgh, 2021, 7th Round

Would we not count Gibbs?
Why doesn’t White count?

Portal has changed things.

All things equal Collins is a better recruiter than Johnson but once recruits found out he was a loser then it didn’t matter.

Key has built the correct kind of staff for success on and off the field.

Yeah, I don't like the "Tech wasn't as good since the 50's". Latter O'Leary years were very successful, like Johnson's best years. Gailey didn't match Johnson's highs but technically a better W/L percentage. Between the 50's and O'Leary years though, only some isolated great seasons, so Johnson has a point there if he's talking about sustained success.
I agree with you. 1990 was pretty decent, too.

I saw that live - we opted not to see that ass kicking in person - and I thought, I need to record this and send it to TStan and every big check donor to show them this is what they bought us.

Look at his stupid face. Look at his stupid face's tongue hanging out. And look at the scorebug underneath his stupid face's tongue hanging out.
Was there any more evidence needed in year one that we were dealing with a clown of epic proportions?
Specifically which donor do you think wanted Collins? I've never spoken to a single donor, even before his first game, who claimed he was their guy. In fact, they were mad that TStan didn't involve them in the hiring process. They were more angry when they realized how little vetting was done (no search firm, only candidate interviewed really... unless you consider TStan calling Whisenhunt and being told he wasn't interested a second candidate, etc.).

There were some that did want to move away from the triple option, even a couple who had been instrumental in getting Paul here, but that doesn't mean they wanted this clown. Instead, they just didn't want the GT football brand to be tied to one specific offense.

Best NFL Draft Pick of Goof Clown Collins Circus Era: P Presley Harvin (Paul Johnson Recruit), Pittsburgh, 2021, 7th Round

I love dunking on him as much as the next guy, but this just seems wrong. Jalen Camp went earlier the same year.

Edit: Or I guess it could be by performance in NFL instead of selection order. Still seems a bit spurious. I don't feel like there's a need to any trickery to show reasons why clown was hot garbage.

Specifically which donor do you think wanted Collins? I've never spoken to a single donor, even before his first game, who claimed he was their guy. In fact, they were mad that TStan didn't involve them in the hiring process. They were more angry when they realized how little vetting was done (no search firm, only candidate interviewed really... unless you consider TStan calling Whisenhunt and being told he wasn't interested a second candidate, etc.).

There were some that did want to move away from the triple option, even a couple who had been instrumental in getting Paul here, but that doesn't mean they wanted this clown. Instead, they just didn't want the GT football brand to be tied to one specific offense.
In the movie Judgement At Nueremburg the prosecutor is having drinks in the bar after court. He says in this whole country of Germany I can’t find one person who will admit that they supported Hitler when he first rose to power. It must have been those Eskimos that brought him to power.

In the movie Judgement At Nueremburg the prosecutor is having drinks in the bar after court. He says in this whole country of Germany I can’t find one person who will admit that they supported Hitler when he first rose to power. It must have been those Eskimos that brought him to power.
That’s pretty funny.

I know I wanted Collins to succeed…but realistically was simply hoping for him to get us out of 3 win seasons and into the CGE. And then we could hire a real coach.

I think it’s pretty amazing to win 3 games, 3 years in a row in the ACC. Historical accomplishment. Hitler-like lol

Ok, but these guys were saying this stuff before the first game. It was "I hope he does well, sure seems like a good recruiter so we should at least end up with a good roster if things go south, but Todd didn't involve us and that pisses me off." Then along came free transfer and NIL, the multiple lawsuits against Todd, his mismanagement of finances, etc. and the consensus became that he was the problem and Geoff was the symptom.

Back