Official GT Head Coach News Thread

Wasn't there a commitment thread pinned up here somewhere? I needed to look up something.

One good thing for j batt I feel like he gets a free trial here with this coach.. if he picks his own guy and fails he's likely out too.. this basically buys him two coach shots before he's gone hopefully we'll never know

I think yall need to be a little more fired up for this hire. Guy is GT through and through, not like Collins, you can see the passion in Key. Its not the same, he doesnt come to work with fancy clothes on, he's a blue collar guy. If he can surround himself with a solid coaching staff, and just be a coach, he could be a great. I love the hire, we didnt need to rebuild again. Hope it works out.

You Collins and Key lovers won’t wake up for at least two years and then you will all claim you always knew what a clown he was just like Collins.

My guess is it'll be, "Well he was the best we could afford at the time." That despite the fact that a majority on this board preferred Key over any other possible candidate, financials aside.

My guess is it'll be, "Well he was the best we could afford at the time." That despite the fact that a majority on this board preferred Key over any other possible candidate, financials aside.
Not over any other possible candidate, but over the named ones there doesn’t seem a clear winner. May as well go with the one who wants to be here and has shown something

Lol….Except I was right about Collins all
along. We’re you?

I get on the hype train for every coach, but I was off it early in Collins second season when we saw zero improvement in anything.

My prophetic powers in CFB are non existent, but Key already undid the worst damage Collins left behind. I'm happy he's here and justifiably optimistic he will succeed.

Not over any other possible candidate, but over the named ones there doesn’t seem a clear winner. May as well go with the one who wants to be here and has shown something

This.

Key wasn't ever really my top pick, but seeing who we supposedly actually considered and how this whole process shook out, I was happy with him in the end.

It could've been better, but the odds were more that it could've been much worse.

Key has legitimate fire and passion for this school and wants to be here. Given the current financial situation and what he showed in his tryout - not all about wins and losses, as there were obviously ups and downs, but the way he rallied the team and fought through adversity - I think this was the smart hire.

He may not have been everybody's first choice (or second or third even), but if you can't get behind a guy like Key and give him a chance without sh*tting on him nonstop, maybe you should just take a few years off.

Back