Official GT Head Coach News Thread

Milwaukee

**** the ACC
Ban Hammer'd
I’m fine with it. A bit out of left field, but it’s a solid hit whereas hiring Collins was an attempted bunt to the face. Outside of Chadwell, this is probably the best of reasonably possible hires we had option of making.

Not official yet. And this isn’t SI. It is some random blogger using their platform.

If either of the cases of Key or McGee standing in as OC/AHC to pick up when he's gone plays out, I could be convinced to be interested.

I've been reading about the current OC at Tulane Jim Svoboda, who they hired away from Central Missouri (D2) as a head coach to replace Chip Long when we hired him. Interesting background. Scheme on YouTube looks interesting. Lots of shotgun, some pistol, some wildcat, a tiny bit under center. He's winning games with Tulane players from a previously 2-10 team. If Fritz brings this guy along with him, I could see myself getting on board.

Still learning about the guy, but I think I like the hire, if true. It seems like he'll at least get us back to good.

Willie Fritz-

Overall record of 195–114 .631
Prior to taking the Tulane job had 17 winning seasons out of 19, 16 seasons with 7+ wins, 7 seasons 9+ wins, Runner up in two Div 1 seasons.

Tulane-
in 10 seasons prior to hiring Fritz in 2016, 34-88 .279
Two 3-9 seasons prior to Fritz hiring, won 4,5,7,7,6,2,10 games for 41-45 record.

Fritz’ three worst seasons all took place at Tulane, first two seasons after taking over the program, and 2-10 in 2021, which is an outlier compared to his coaching record.

Fritz was not on my top five list, but after doing some research over the last hour, I think he is a solid hire.

Back