Official GT Head Coach News Thread

What is that aspect ratio? You see like half their faces. It won't tell you how long the video is? You can't go backwards or forwards?

God I ööööing hate video on Instagram. It's like going back in time two decades.

I'll drink to that. And screenshots of notepad on Twitter too. Stop it social media.

“Im not gonna give money to this program cause it’s a öööö show even though it will take money to fix the öööö show”

Checks out.
“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results”
Not to mention diminishing returns. I can’t put money into something I’ve become fairly apathetic towards. So I guess I’m not really a fan anymore. Maybe just a slightly nostalgic neutral observer of what Tech athletics has become. Seeing the embarrassing losses the last few years has been relatively painless as a result.

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results”
Not to mention diminishing returns. I can’t put money into something I’ve become fairly apathetic towards. So I guess I’m not really a fan anymore. Maybe just a slightly nostalgic neutral observer of what Tech athletics has become. Seeing the embarrassing losses the last few years has been relatively painless as a result.
The definition of insanity is temporarily taking you off ignore to read this stupid öööö.

. So I guess I’m not really a fan anymore.

So why are you here? Do you feel like your previous fandom should have been rewarded because you blessed GT by cheering for them at some point? We all choose to be here. Some because they went to school here, others because their kid(s) went to GT (like me), and others simply because they grew up in a family of Tech supporters or they just adopted the team. You are free to leave at any time if it no longer gives you joy. Go find another team you can enjoy. Be positive in life, not negative.

There's not really any shame in being a bandawgon fan. Lots of people are.

The part that is shameful is being too scared to admit you're still a fan, so you try to act like you don't care about a team that you spend all your time posting about. You'd rather reserve the right to say, "I told you we sucked" and gloat about how you refuse to support the program that you are still obsessed with than take the risk of admitting you're really invested in a team that might not pan out.

And that is shameful.

There's not really any shame in being a bandawgon fan. Lots of people are.

The part that is shameful is being too scared to admit you're still a fan, so you try to act like you don't care about a team that you spend all your time posting about. You'd rather reserve the right to say, "I told you we sucked" and gloat about how you refuse to support the program that you are still obsessed with than take the risk of admitting you're really invested in a team that might not pan out.

And that is shameful.
You’re another confirmation bias princess. I’m sorry life is such a struggle for you. I’m sure a life coach and some positive reinforcement from an echo chamber will make you feel better.

You’re another confirmation bias princess. I’m sorry life is such a struggle for you. I’m sure a life coach and some positive reinforcement from an echo chamber will make you feel better.

Where did this crop of utter assholes come from, anyway? If you’re a big enough asshole to stick out on this board, that’s quite an accomplishment (and not in a good way) and we’ve had like 5 of them show up in the last year.

JRjr

aHR0cHM6Ly9yYW1ibGlud3JlY2suY29tL3dwLWNvbnRlbnQvdXBsb2Fkcy8yMDIyLzExL0ZpeFVPOG9Ya0FJSkI3Wi5qcGc.jpg

Not a single Waffle House cup in sight.

I like his display of office door nameplates.

So why are you here? Do you feel like your previous fandom should have been rewarded because you blessed GT by cheering for them at some point? We all choose to be here. Some because they went to school here, others because their kid(s) went to GT (like me), and others simply because they grew up in a family of Tech supporters or they just adopted the team. You are free to leave at any time if it no longer gives you joy. Go find another team you can enjoy. Be positive in life, not negative.
So he can whine incessantly and not piss off his family.

Where did this crop of utter assholes come from, anyway? If you’re a big enough asshole to stick out on this board, that’s quite an accomplishment (and not in a good way) and we’ve had like 5 of them show up in the last year.

JRjr
Another one lol

All of the positives for hiring Key are short term. It probably retains more current players than any other hire would have. And he’s better than Collins and possibly as good as mediocre. So this hire could be a short term solution to give Batt time to raise revenue and search out a really great coach in another couple of years. It might be a great short term solution to an eventual long term plan for success.
Or it could mean Tech never truly plans to compete with the upper half of college football and will continue to muddle through by doing the minimum every four years or so.

All of the positives for hiring Key are short term. It probably retains more current players than any other hire would have. And he’s better than Collins and possibly as good as mediocre. So this hire could be a short term solution to give Batt time to raise revenue and search out a really great coach in another couple of years. It might be a great short term solution to an eventual long term plan for success.
Or it could mean Tech never truly plans to compete with the upper half of college football and will continue to muddle through by doing the minimum every four years or so.
Or Key will make the playoffs in years 2 or 3. Just as likely as your doom scenario.

yeah, I know. WC will be “bah. Anyone can make a 12 team playoff”.

Nothing about this hire is the same thing as before. I legitimately believe based on his post game reactions and pressers that we have our version of Pat Fitzgerald. The team became very disciplined relative to where they were in half a season. The team started playing tough football. We were not a team you wanted to play. If you want to throw UVA and FSU around as failures when our starting QB decided to quit feel free. I think Key is a good college coach with potential to be great surrounded by the right staff. I was a Key hater and I need some clarification about what he did while on other staff’s relative to recruiting players away from us and not even to HIS programs because he did not like what CPJ was doing. But he clearly loves Georgia Tech, understands what this team needs, and gets the UGA rivalry. We could have found something special. Let’s let it play out. Improvement merely means respectability again. I think we’ll get there and then maybe we’ll look to make the leap to greatness if we haven’t already gotten there. High floor. Unknown ceiling. Collins was always a low floor high ceiling potential. It was clear he was radically different. Key is not radically different and can activate the players to play well. That alone will have us win about 4-5 games a year. The rest will be up to preparation and recruiting.

Back