Hewitt's staying. News Conference at 11am.

The contract specified the payout but it left room for the buyout to be negotiated over time. Radakovich has met at least 2 times that I know of with Hewitt's agent at the agent's office. The 2 mentioned times were within the past month. It's possible that there were more but what I have heard is that they are hammering out the details of the buyout.

Remember that Hewitt is still a relatively young coach and would like to coach again. Being a bouchedag about the buyout would guarantee that not only would DRad fire him but would probably trash him to any AD who called to ask about CPH as a person. Being negotiable doesn't hurt here. The man already has his fortune made and will still get the same amount of money. Just maybe over 3 - 5 years and he also might get a positive reference along the lines of "We still think the world of Paul. He took us to great heights at GT but we just felt like it was time for us to try something else. But Paul is still one hell of a coach and one of the finest men you'll ever meet." May make the difference in the man getting another head coaching gig somewhere, who knows?

Thanks for the feedback. The meetings are news to me.

Ooo, or get a female friend to call your house pretending to be a hooker who just found out she has AIDS and is calling her clientele to warn them.

Laugh riot, I tell you.

Sweet, I'll play this prank on our anniversary! Sure to get some laughs from my wife.

Ooo, or get a female friend to call your house pretending to be a hooker who just found out she has AIDS and is calling her clientele to warn them.

Laugh riot, I tell you.

Sweet, I'll play this prank on our anniversary! Sure to get some laughs from my wife.

Even better - you let me call and say I have AIDS.

:laugher: I can do it......did something similar in college about 25 years ago. A male friend of mine was very handsome and very active with the ladies! His frat brother dared me to call him, speak with a British accent and tell him I was returning to Chapel Hill to see him and was pregnant. I did it. I felt terrible about it and when I saw him the next day asked him what was wrong. He told me what happened, and I responded in my best British accent, "not to worry, love!" I thought he was going to pass out. We are still great friends.

Back