Hewitt's staying. News Conference at 11am.

Sweet. its already made it to all the boards in a matter of seconds. Douchebaggery completed.

And twitter. I tweeted it to Jeff Schultz before even replying here. Well done.

Street cred.

tvfashckd27.jpg

By the way... I am a douche bag and have no soul. Should have taken a hint when I posted this in the football forum. Come off the edge of the cliff now.

I didn't believe you, but since you've lost your soul, I figured I'd let you know its burning in hell and will continue to do so until you quit doing stuff like this. :laugher:

Wait, so will Al Groh not be coaching the cheerleaders next year? I'm confused.

Maybe I missed something, how is this news again?

Was there some large bag of money somewhere, not going to the football practice or the new basketball arena, or the other 20 project that we seem to have in the works that can go to buying this guy out?

Its not like we're sitting on this HUGE pile of cash. I'm just surprised anyone honestly thought this guy was going anywhere.

Maybe I missed something, how is this news again?

Was there some large bag of money somewhere, not going to the football practice or the new basketball arena, or the other 20 project that we seem to have in the works that can go to buying this guy out?

Its not like we're sitting on this HUGE pile of cash. I'm just surprised anyone honestly thought this guy was going anywhere.

Read a thread, much? Classic :laugh:

Another thought. Some one that's familiar with the ticket numbers, how long would it take to get a ROI if we sunk 7M into buying this guy out? Seems like it might be a long pay back period considering attendance numbers in all sports are down across the country.

The HUGE risk you run her is that in order to get a reasonable return, ticket sales need to go up i.e. the team has to improve. Problem is, this isn't a guarantee by any means. What if we fire Hewitt and get worse? Paying off that 7MM becomes impossible. All these things Drad has to factor in.

I was thinking that if I was the AD I would offer Hewitt a chance to be the head coach but only if he agreed to a halt to the automatic contract extension. This way he has a chance to save face, makes the same amount of money and gets a chance to turn it around (for his career). We also get a lame duck coach for these two crappy years coming up.

Back