Hewitt's staying. News Conference at 11am.

Hewitt's staying as the football coach? Does that mean CPJ will be coaching basketball next season? Will we being seeing the PG-C option play? Are we going to have to punch Duke fans in the face?

So, he'll be with the football team then?

Wrong forum. Posted from my phone. Sorry. Just got word and wanted to share it.

You know things are bad when you have to call a press conference to announce your coach isn't getting fired.
I am also 100% convinced that the only reason Hewitt is still around is that GT can't afford to fire him. Maybe they are hoping that someone will come and hire him away.

This sets it up perfectly. We can use Hewitt's lack of success as an excuse for poor attendance at Gwinnett and Philips next season and then fire him and open McCamish Pavilion with a new coach

All part of the plan

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

This sets it up perfectly. We can use Hewitt's lack of success as an excuse for poor attendance at Gwinnett and Philips next season and then fire him and open McCamish Pavilion with a new coach

The poor attendance THIS season wasn't enough?

What's the point of keeping him another year? His buyout is just going to get bigger. We'd be better off hiring a high school coach for next year and then hiring a real coach the year afterward.

By the way... I am a douche bag and have no soul. Should have taken a hint when I posted this in the football forum. Come off the edge of the cliff now.

If this is true, it is truly mind boggling. No other ACC or SEC school for that matter would put up with this. I guess i get to save alot of money again next year.

Attendance is likely to be poor next year regardless of who is coach. I agree with letting Hewitt coach another year. The best case scenario is he turns it around and leaves for a new opportunity, although you have to see that as unlikely at this point after turning down St. John's last year. Worst case scenario, it gives us another year to raise the money for the buyout.

Edit to add: this is purely from a business perspective. Obviously, I don't believe Hewitt hasn't earned a firing on the court.

Sweet. its already made it to all the boards in a matter of seconds. Douchebaggery completed.

fire-die-in-one.jpg
By the way... I am a douche bag and have no soul. Should have taken a hint when I posted this in the football forum. Come off the edge of the cliff now.

I give you credit, it was the shot heard round the world:laugher:

Back