He is in until 2022...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thing our AD is to smart not to make a decision based on one season. PJ has proven he is a good coach. You can't jump the gun and fire a coach for a bad season of two. Tenn has been doing this for years now and it has hurt their program tremendously.

Argues that a coach can’t be fired for a “bad season or two”.

Also argues that PJ is a “good” coach based on exactly two seasons 2009 and 2014. Every other season of his is either mediocre or ööööty. And in all honesty, 2009 needs an asterisk by it. Losses to bad UGA team, blown out by Iowa.

Also argues that PJ is a “good” coach based on exactly two seasons 2009 and 2014. Every other season of his is either mediocre or ööööty. And in all honesty, 2009 needs an asterisk by it. Losses to bad UGA team, blown out by Iowa.

Reasonable points except the blowout by Iowa.

It was 14 - 7 Iowa at halftime and 17-14 in the fourth quarter - Iowa scored once in the last 25 minutes to make it 24-17. I don't know how anyone can call that a blowout.

I measure a coach's success by how much he can do with what he's got. uga's miles ahead of us in recruiting yet he's been able to beat them 3 times, most recently in 2016. Are we doing our best to help him in recruiting? No. You will never level the playing field but at least you can make it somewhat close. Our opponents spend more money on coaches, facilities, staff and we still manage to have a decent season every other year. If you can't do that for your current coach, what amazing coach are you going to bring here that will have better results given the same ingredients? We have been way too late to implement the changes we're implementing now. TStan should have been in charge a while ago.

It was 14 - 7 Iowa at halftime and 17-14 in the fourth quarter - Iowa scored once in the last 25 minutes to make it 24-17. I don't know how anyone can call that a blowout.

Well first you have the wrong score. We only scored 14. 7 of which came from an interception return.

Second. The offense looked like complete ass all night. Iowa’s defense skullööööed Johnson’s offense.

I measure a coach's success by how much he can do with what he's got. uga's miles ahead of us in recruiting yet he's been able to beat them 3 times, most recently in 2016. Are we doing our best to help him in recruiting? No. You will never level the playing field but at least you can make it somewhat close. Our opponents spend more money on coaches, facilities, staff and we still manage to have a decent season every other year. If you can't do that for your current coach, what amazing coach are you going to bring here that will have better results given the same ingredients? We have been way too late to implement the changes we're implementing now. TStan should have been in charge a while ago.
How come Johnson’s most talented team (2009) was comprised of players he didn’t recruit?

That was one of those games where it was close all the way, but I never felt like we had a chance to win. I'm glad CPJ finally got over the hump in bowl games, winning 3 of the last 4. Those first 3 (LSU, Iowa, Air Force) were stinkers.

How come Johnson’s most talented team (2009) was comprised of players he didn’t recruit?

Because Gailey was a better recruiter?

How come Johnson beat UGa three times when Gailey couldn't beat them once?

Of course, if you are willing to give up three wins against the dwags just to have better recruits then I guess that explains why you aren't a big fan of CPJ.

That was one of those games where it was close all the way, but I never felt like we had a chance to win.
I still check under my bed for Adrian Clayborn before I go to sleep at night.

I haven't seen him down there yet but I occasionally notice Dwyer running from dust bunnies shaped like him.

How come Johnson's most successful team (2014) didn't have "his most talented players"?

Why was 2014 the most successful?

2009 was the only team to win anything of merit. Although Johnson and DRAD saw to öööö all over that too.

I love how if you don't LOVE CPJ and think he's the greatest coach of all time then you aren't a real tech fan. öööö that. We are better than CPJ

2009 was the only team to win anything of merit. Although Johnson and DRAD saw to öööö all over that too.

Beat uga, win orange bowl against #7 ranked Miss State, finish higher in both polls (#7 in coaches final and #8 in AP final)

Loss to uga, win ACC, lose orange bowl against #10 ranked Iowa, finish #13 in both coaches and AP final.

Did I mention he lost to uga in 2009?

I love how if you don't LOVE CPJ and think he's the greatest coach of all time then you aren't a real tech fan. öööö that. We are better than CPJ

Nobody said you're not a real Tech fan. I am questionining your reading comprehension levels and logical deduction mechanism so you being a Tech alumnus is suspect.

I would argue that the Orange Bowl is a thing of merit, as well. By your standards, the near universally loved O'Leary won exactly zero things of merit (unless you count a "co-championship" when we actually lost the tiebreaker to FSU).

Definitely don't have to love CPJ to be a Tech fan, but if "we are better than CPJ," then I am still waiting for a better plan than spending money we don't have to go get coaches we cannot afford.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back