He is in until 2022...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
Since your link doesn't work

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/040618aab.html

Georgia Tech has finalized a contract extension for football head coach Paul Johnson, director of athletics Todd Stansbury announced on Friday. Combined with the three years already remaining on Johnson's current contract, Johnson is now signed to remain with the Yellow Jackets through the 2022 season.

"Aside from Bobby Dodd, no head coach in Georgia Tech football history has won more games in his first 10 seasons than Paul Johnson," Stansbury said. "By extending Coach Johnson's contract through 2022, we not only keep one of the most successful coaches in our illustrious history right here on The Flats, but we also ensure continued stability within our coaching staff. Stability is a vital piece in recruiting and student-athlete development, which are key components to any successful college program. I'm excited that Coach Johnson's extension is officially complete and I'm looking forward to achieving even more success under his leadership in future years."

ibeeballin

Dodd-Like
I’ll be surprised if he’s here beyond 2019

Last edited:

jdubjacket

Dodd-Like
If our defense is worth a damn going forward, this will be worth it. Doesn't really matter if you death match someone and then let them score in 90 seconds.

techronnie

Varsity Lurker
It will be interesting to see how it works. Strange extension, considering 2 of the last 3 years.

Reactions: odw

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
It will be interesting to see how it works. Strange extension, considering 2 of the last 3 years.
Not strange. In college football now, your coach has to have 4 plus years on his contract. If youre not willing to do that, you fire him. We still dont have the buyout numbers.

GT flunkout

held in very high esteem
Staff member
I'm in favor of the extension, but that byline is just dumb:

"Only Bobby Dodd has won more games in his first 10 seasons as GT football's head coach than Johnson"

We haven't had a coach last 10 years since Dodd. The other two coaches were Alexander and Heisman, in an era of 9-game seasons and almost no bowls, and both of those guys brought home a national championship.

Van hayes

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
I'm in favor of the extension, but that byline is just dumb:

"Only Bobby Dodd has won more games in his first 10 seasons as GT football's head coach than Johnson"

We haven't had a coach last 10 years since Dodd. The other two coaches were Alexander and Heisman, in an era of 9-game seasons and almost no bowls, and both of those guys brought home a national championship.
If Woody delivers a good def the sky is the limit for PJ!

Van hayes

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
If our defense is worth a damn going forward, this will be worth it. Doesn't really matter if you death match someone and then let them score in 90 seconds.
Agree if PJ finally has the defense to go with his offense, watch out!

Status
Not open for further replies.