He is in until 2022...

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Coaches don't get fired based on the number of wins. They get fired based on the number of dollars that big-time donors threaten to send elsewhere. If any of the CPJ haters here are donating millions to the AA, they can lobby for a coaching change any time they want. Right now the haters make a lot of noise, but they don't represent a majority of the fan base, and apparently they don't contribute enough money to influence the AD. At least they have message boards to cry on.

No he won't. And anybody who roots for that is the worst type of piece of öööö ever. The kind that would root for his own team to lose because they dont like the coach. ööööing pieces of öööö.
Nobody said anything about rooting against the team. It was just a statement

If our defense is worth a damn going forward, this will be worth it. Doesn't really matter if you death match someone and then let them score in 90 seconds.
Unless there's just enough time left to death march them again.

He’ll be a golf instructor in the mountains of NC

Golfer-“So Paul, I’ve really been coming over the top on my driver and pulling everything left. Let me take a few swing and you can tell me if you see what I’m doing wrong.”

CPJ-“It is what it is.”

Two comments...

(1) I hate the "finished first or second in the Coastal" talk. Who cares if we finish 2d? While I agree it is better to finish 2d than 3d, 4th, 5th, etc.... it's still not something to brag about. Tallest midget, etc.

(2) We already knew his contract had been extended. What matters is the financial details. Under the prior contract, his total compensation rose from $3.0 mil to $3.2 mil per year from 2018 to 2020, while the buyout remained constant at $1 mil per year. I assume given the losing record last year that his compensation and buyout terms will be flat. But that's the only thing that means anything. Being "under contract" is meaningless if the numbers are variable, not guaranteed, etc.

how many chances does he get to hire a DC? He is not a head coach, he is a OC at best if you like his offense
He is not a head coach frank? Well who in the hell is the coach that has won more games at Tech in 10 yrs, except Bobby Dodd! It's not his fault Teddy and the others were ööööty coaches. But no need to fear frank Woody is the right one!!!!!

No he won't. And anybody who roots for that is the worst type of piece of öööö ever. The kind that would root for his own team to lose because they dont like the coach. ööööing pieces of öööö.
Damn tell em Sugar Bear!!

I’m a Tech fan not a Paul Johnson fan. Those are not the same thing.
I could be wrong but I'm not sure you would be happy no matter how many games he wins.

In other words, it seems your issue with him isn't just about his win loss record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back