He is in until 2022...

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is not a head coach frank? Well who in the hell is the coach that has won more games at Tech in 10 yrs, except Bobby Dodd! It's not his fault Teddy and the others were ööööty coaches. But no need to fear frank Woody is the right one!!!!!
We haven't had a coach since Dodd coach for 10 years!!!! That stat is irrelevant

He is not a head coach frank? Well who in the hell is the coach that has won more games at Tech in 10 yrs, except Bobby Dodd! It's not his fault Teddy and the others were ööööty coaches. But no need to fear frank Woody is the right one!!!!!

Do you think he should be responsible for the hires he makes?

No one knows how a coach is going to do until he coaches. Tech is not Alabama that can make any coach look good. Pure talent hides a lot of bad coaching. You have to really coach em up at Tech. Hell I could coach the players Alabama has. But I really have a good feeling about Mr Woody. PJ may have finally found his guy.

We haven't had a coach since Dodd coach for 10 years!!!! That stat is irrelevant
Yea none of them were good enough to last 10 yrs. That isn't irrelevant, it shows he is a good coach. Every program goes through up and downs. Look what kind of season Notre Dame had two yrs ago. They bounced back last yr. It hurts a program firing coaches every few yrs. Just ask Tenn fans.

Ultimately, yes. But to be fair, Wommack was a bargain hire because CPJ was told we couldnt afford who he really wanted. Its been suggested that Roof was forced on him, too. No excuse for Groh other than he looked good on paper. CPJ owns Woody for sure, good or bad.

Ye gods! T. S. paying PJ $3.2 mil per year? Tech is the laughing stock of the ACC.
Stupid post!!! TS is the AD Ga Tech has been waiting for. He is giving PJ what he has been complaining about every since he has been at Tech. He has done more for Tech in 1 yr than most AD's did the whole time they were there! We will see better recruiting and a better program all around!

No one knows how a coach is going to do until he coaches. Tech is not Alabama that can make any coach look good. Pure talent hides a lot of bad coaching. You have to really coach em up at Tech. Hell I could coach the players Alabama has. But I really have a good feeling about Mr Woody. PJ may have finally found his guy.

“PJ may have finally found his guy”...... perhaps.

But these words were applied to the Roof & Groh hires as well.

Maybe Groh, but I remember quite a bit of WTF with Roof. Maybe we are about to see what would have happened if Tenuta had stayed in '08.

Groh was a good head coach at Virginia, I like PJ though he would be a good def coach. The difference with Woody he has proven his self as a def coach. He has done well against some power 5 teams.

My biggest problem with CPJ is his affinity for his offensive line coach. We've been bitching about the OL play for 10 years, he's been bitching about it for 10 years, yet we go through DCs every other year but the OL coach has the most secure job after CPJ. I just read another practice report where he's bitching about the OL and I dont know what the öööö it's going to take for him to realize maybe, just maybe, his buddy Sewak sucks.

We'll find out very soon if we have another dud at DC. My experience says the guy is going to do well here but if not, it's not like top 10 DCs in our price range grow on trees.

At least CPJ knows when to make a change.

We'll find out very soon if we have another dud at DC. My experience says the guy is going to do well here but if not, it's not like top 10 DCs in our price range grow on trees.

At least CPJ knows when to make a change.

If he's good, he might get an HC offer in a few years, or a better paying DC job. Or maybe he'll stick around to get the HC job at Tech after CPJ retires.

Guys Paul Johnson just went 5-6 and got an extension. That's ööööed up

Guys Paul Johnson just went 5-6 and got an extension. That's ööööed up
oh-really-tell-nqnz70.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back