2024 Transfer Portal

I don’t think Rutherford is the WR people should worry about losing right now. As we know, even if people don’t leave in December, they can post Spring practice as evident this year.

Do you think Pyron has the possibility of earning a large NIL payout?

because I’d have to disagree.
You could have made the same observation about King one year ago. Point being, you stand a much better shot at some of the pie if you have a chance to start and show what you can do. You can see where I'm heading with this.

We’re going to lose some guys and pickup new ones; that’s the way of the world. But more often than not we’re going to net out positively in the portal. Outside of losing our QB, I wouldn’t worry too much about anyone leaving. Everyone freaked out about Nate and Walton last year, and we were more than fine without them - maybe even better. People also thought CPL and Brooks were huge risks, and neither had very good seasons this year.

In this day and age, why do schools even need to recruit high school players? Could they take all the money they spend on recruiting, put it into NIL funds, and just stock their entire roster out of the transfer portal every year?

In this day and age, why do schools even need to recruit high school players? Could they take all the money they spend on recruiting, put it into NIL funds, and just stock their entire roster out of the transfer portal every year?
Pretty sure that is part of Key’s strategy. Use NIL for retention and acquisition of impact transfers. Recruiting is trying to find depth and long term guys you can develop, not fighting for instant impact freshman.

We’re going to lose some guys and pickup new ones; that’s the way of the world. But more often than not we’re going to net out positively in the portal. Outside of losing our QB, I wouldn’t worry too much about anyone leaving. Everyone freaked out about Nate and Walton last year, and we were more than fine without them - maybe even better. People also thought CPL and Brooks were huge risks, and neither had very good seasons this year.

We could have used Walton this year. He is better than our corners. Not great but better.

We could have used Walton this year. He is better than our corners. Not great but better.
He’s solid. I really liked him. But I thought Harvey and Kenan played really well all year. There wasn’t much drop off.

He didn’t graduate yet right? He’d have to sit out a year if he were to transfer before graduation after having already transferred from another school.

Oh my bad I didn’t read the previous posts. So what happens if you transfer as a grad student, you get another free transfer?

I wonder why he wasn’t playing then. He got few snaps the last few games.
Just the last 2. Played a lot against Clemson and prior. He's better in coverage than tackling, last 2 teams were run heavy. May have gotten dinged up at Clemson too IIRC.

You would think a free trip to Ireland might influence some players that only have one year left...Hope we are marketing that up as well.

Looks like Riley Leonard is ND bound. Guess he doesn’t want to follow Elko to TAMU.

Back