2024 Transfer Portal

I'd say LB is the most immediate area of need. We were probably close to the worst LB unit in the country. Obviously DL wouldn't hurt. But LB man, gotta be better there.

RB from Roswell

I'm not sure that I want guys like this, though. When they say WTTE of "Though I am leaving, I am and always will be a (dwag, tarhole, tigger, etc.) and love this university", I don't have confidence that they will play there best for us. JMHO!! :dunno:

I'm not sure that I want guys like this, though. When they say WTTE of "Though I am leaving, I am and always will be a (dwag, tarhole, tigger, etc.) and love this university", I don't have confidence that they will play there best for us. JMHO!! :dunno:

I don’t agree. I don’t believe being grateful for where one’s been and developed relationships and experiences needs to viewed in a negative light in context of how he’ll work and perform at the next stop. Especially grad transfers who have earned degrees. There’s a degree of maturity, recognizing that one’s time is up somewhere and it’s best for all parties if he moves on. Especially when it’s really talented kids who can put pressure on the opposing QB and want to come to Georgia Tech.

Pass. Less than 1k yards in 4 seasons at UNC.
Idk. He’d be a complementary back to play with Haynes. Seems like an OK option to me.
He redshirted this year. So he’d have 2 years left.
You aren’t going to get 1,000 yards back to come here and get 7-8 carries a game.

His HS coach is in our staff; so it’s plausible.

I don’t agree. I don’t believe being grateful for where one’s been and developed relationships and experiences needs to viewed in a negative light in context of how he’ll work and perform at the next stop. Especially grad transfers who have earned degrees. There’s a degree of maturity, recognizing that one’s time is up somewhere and it’s best for all parties if he moves on. Especially when it’s really talented kids who can put pressure on the opposing QB and want to come to Georgia Tech.
It is logical from a career perspective to obtain your grad degree from a different school. That being said, historically we have not done enough to allow our grads to stay here if they choose to,

It is logical from a career perspective to obtain your grad degree from a different school. That being said, historically we have not done enough to allow our grads to stay here if they choose to,
The grad school kinks seems to have ironed itself out. We’re taking a ton of grad transfers and retaining a lot of graduates with eligibility left these days. I haven’t heard of someone wanting to play here, that was denied into grad schools in quite awhile.

The grad school kinks seems to have ironed itself out. We’re taking a ton of grad transfers and retaining a lot of graduates with eligibility left these days. I haven’t heard of someone wanting to play here, that was denied into grad schools in quite awhile.
Do they get 2 extra years of playing time if they are in grad school?

Do they get 2 extra years of playing time if they are in grad school?
Each case is different... the further we get from "COVID eligibility" the more you'll see the "5 to play 4" return.

Mostly grads are immediately eligible. If a U/G is transferring the 1st time through the portal, they're immediately eligible. 2nd Portal? Must sit a year that counts against the "5 to play 4"

The number of years left to play depends on how many they've already played.

Each case is different... the further we get from "COVID eligibility" the more you'll see the "5 to play 4" return.

Mostly grads are immediately eligible. If a U/G is transferring the 1st time through the portal, they're immediately eligible. 2nd Portal? Must sit a year that counts against the "5 to play 4"

The number of years left to play depends on how many they've already played.
And that "sit a year on 2nd transfer" will die first lawsuit.

This is the new normal in CFB, bracing for the portal. The FSU coach summed it up perfectly as he doesn't like it but the staff that manages this new normal the best are the ones that will ultimately succeed in this new era. A good team with lots of returning starters may not be the same team a week from now. That being said, who might other teams target on our raster? I bet a QB-needy team will come after King hard with $$$ NIL. What holes do we need to fill with transfers in? I'd like to see a big WR, OL and DL in particular.

This is the new normal in CFB, bracing for the portal. The FSU coach summed it up perfectly as he doesn't like it but the staff that manages this new normal the best are the ones that will ultimately succeed in this new era. A good team with lots of returning starters may not be the same team a week from now. That being said, who might other teams target on our raster? I bet a QB-needy team will come after King hard with $$$ NIL. What holes do we need to fill with transfers in? I'd like to see a big WR, OL and DL in particular.
King could only transfer if he sits a year. Because the second transfer is so costly (unless the kid graduates and is a grad transfer) getting transfers with 2+ years remaining is huge.

King could only transfer if he sits a year. Because the second transfer is so costly (unless the kid graduates and is a grad transfer) getting transfers with 2+ years remaining is huge.
King is not that type of personality. He didn't really want to leave aTm and only did when it became obvious his best choice was to leave. His obvious best choice now is to stay at GT, regardless of transfer rules. He is BMOC and this is his team. He is the Aaron Rogers/Brett Farve/Joe Montana/Tom Brady for GT right now. You don't leave that situation.

I really worry about Singleton. His best bet is at least another year here. He can put up some big numbers in 2024 with King flinging it.

I expect we will have some players portal for playing time, but that is about it

King already is a grad transfer; he can move as he pleases. That said, it’s pretty clear he intends to play 1 more year at GT

Not sure why everyone thinks the transfer rule is so restrictive; we’ve seen plenty of instance of guys playing for 3 or 4 schools. Paul Moala went to Idaho for a semester and then jumped to GT. Jordan Domineck did the same at Arakansas to Colorado; Jamious Griffin from Oregon State to Ole Miss. JT Daniels played for 4 schools; I can guarantee you he didn’t graduate from all of them.

King already is a grad transfer; he can move as he pleases. That said, it’s pretty clear he intends to play 1 more year at GT

Not sure why everyone thinks the transfer rule is so restrictive; we’ve seen plenty of instance of guys playing for 3 or 4 schools. Paul Moala went to Idaho for a semester and then jumped to GT. Jordan Domineck did the same at Arakansas to Colorado; Jamious Griffin from Oregon State to Ole Miss. JT Daniels played for 4 schools; I can guarantee you he didn’t graduate from all of them.
King is definitely NOT a grad student.

I think they are talking in context of the recent rule change on that, which came after Domineck's and Griffin's transfers for example (I'm pretty sure).

Back