2024 Transfer Portal

really need LB and DL, especially edge rusher, help
We’ve stockpiled some young OL. Need RB and a big WR.
I also think we need to get better at CB, so losing Greco out of current class hurts

Given the momentum we are building, why do you expect so many transfers out?
Believe it or not, some if not most or all listed are actually out of eligibility, a forgotten concept in the COVID/Grad Transfer/Portal Era.

Some only had one year available, such as Scaglione and Moala.

Believe it or not, some if not most or all listed are actually out of eligibility, a forgotten concept in the COVID/Grad Transfer/Portal Era.

Some only had one year available, such as Scaglione and Moala.
I was puzzled about WR's and DB's with eligibility remaining transferring out.

Lb seemed like an area where could stand to improve. I think we're just young and haven't replaced charlie Thomas yet. I think we're losing 2 TE to graduation so we probably need a pick up there. Maybe a 3rd down back? Maybe more depth in secondary.

Pooh Paul is a Charlie Thomas clone

I’ll be honest, we REALLY don’t need him. We have a stacked QB room next season already with King, Pyron, Philo, and Knowles.
If we had more and better depth at LB and DL, we win 8-9 games this season. You're right, QB is the very least of our problems.

Chris Weinke has been excellent getting that group assembled

How hard Key & Co. go after the portal is going to be telling. It's become a part of recruiting. To be competitive you have to be serious about it. I don't necessarily like it but it is what it is.

I’ll be honest, we REALLY don’t need him. We have a stacked QB room next season already with King, Pyron, Philo, and Knowles.

Losing Swann was the cherry on top of the öööö sundae that was the cGC tenure. Morris wanted to come here, but we told him to wait. He moved on, but Swann emerged as a stud and wanted to come here. But we told him to wait to try to flip Morris. Then Swann moved on too.

Things worked out okay for us with King so I’m not as bummed about it anymore. But to think a “great recruiter” could bottle one of the best QB prospects in the country, in-state, and wanting to come here, to a team that was terrible and hadn’t had a legit passing QB in about two decades…

Losing Swann was the cherry on top of the öööö sundae that was the cGC tenure. Morris wanted to come here, but we told him to wait. He moved on, but Swann emerged as a stud and wanted to come here. But we told him to wait to try to flip Morris. Then Swann moved on too.

Things worked out okay for us with King so I’m not as bummed about it anymore. But to think a “great recruiter” could bottle one of the best QB prospects in the country, in-state, and wanting to come here, to a team that was terrible and hadn’t had a legit passing QB in about two decades…

Don't forget how we settled on Tevin Carter who spurned us for Memphis at the last minute. Oh, hey, he is in the portal, too. Swann will be a good QB for somebody. Maybe Wake or somewhere like that.

Don't forget how we settled on Tevin Carter who spurned us for Memphis at the last minute. Oh, hey, he is in the portal, too. Swann will be a good QB for somebody. Maybe Wake or somewhere like that.
FSU?

F6D8B263-5A56-4953-9101-33E7C47B8BDD.png

Sure, but we did get Pyron out of it, so I’m not upset at all abt losing either of those 2.

Back