What is everyone complaining about?

Absolutely NOT--but did you turn against the TEAM, quit being a FAN? It is smart-ass post like yours that keep me from posting regularly on here.

The point is that there is a point when you have to make changes at the top. I did not disparage the players. I'm flying in to see the Alabama A&M game for christsakes.. I'm seeing a team getting worse, not better and the vaunted offense that we were sold would give us an advantage is broke.

I hear a lot of people complaining about the poor ROI that CPJ is giving us... but why do we fans care about that? So the AA has a $1 mil less to spend on something else... so what?

Ahhh...so you're happy paying for a Rolex and getting a Seiko? Very cool. Meet me at the game on Saturday and bring your Rolex money. I have a Seiko I'll bring for you. :lol:

Hard to follow a LEGEND. My point is that I pulled just as hard for the team THEN as I do NOW. In retrospect, the succession of coaches in the years following Dodd never should have happened. Carson was a GOOD coach as time proved (especially defensively) and should have been given more time. Knee-jerk decisions based on a couple of down seasons are risky. B#$ L#%@# was NOT!

Coach Dodd lovers were NEVER "pissed" at him. His last 6 seasons were 44-18-2. His last '66 team was 9-2.

Shhh....don't stop them now. They were on a roll...the Germans had just bombed Pearl Harbor and everything.

Hard to follow a LEGEND. My point is that I pulled just as hard for the team THEN as I do NOW. In retrospect, the succession of coaches in the years following Dodd never should have happened. Carson was a GOOD coach as time proved (especially defensively) and should have been given more time. Knee-jerk decisions based on a couple of down seasons are risky. B#$ L#%@# was NOT!

I agree that two down seasons aren't enough. Otherwise, we would have fired Ross. I was there for Curry and Ross completely changed over the team, but by year three, you could see the light at the end of the tunnel. The USCe game might have kept the heat off.

In years to come, wouldn't it be nice to look back to this time period with nostalgic memories of a dominant/kickass football team that dominated the hated nadlickers? I pity the current "fans" that do not have that luxury--but--I am still rooting for the white and gold every game--not jumping ship!

In years to come, wouldn't it be nice to look back to this time period with nostalgic memories of a dominant/kickass football team that dominated the hated nadlickers? I pity the current "fans" that do not have that luxury--but--I am still rooting for the white and gold every game--not jumping ship!

There's been one poster jumping ship. Most of us just prefer a luxury liner over a dingy, but will settle for nice 24' motor boat. Although we would accept a jon boat if it had a cool laser on it.

Shhh....don't stop them now. They were on a roll...the Germans had just bombed Pearl Harbor and everything.

---you Do know it was the JAPS don't you--just saying---. AND Castleberry scores again---those were the days!

THANK GOD---(that went over my head though)--LOL-- Beg your pardon da Buzz.

THANK GOD---(that went over my head though)--LOL-- Beg your pardon da Buzz.

I'm a little wore out. Just got in from a 4 day elk hunt up OVER the mtns.--and NO meat in the freezer! I believe all of them have been transported to another planet.

It would be nice, but this is where I point out we haven't beat UGA more than 3 times in a decade since the 1960s (and that was a 4-6 stretch).

A lot of our troublemakers on here are people who remember O'Leary beating up on the weak late-90s ACC (notably never beating the one good team, FSU) and TIAR over one of the worst coaches UGA has had in a long while.

Well, they remember either that or the fluke 1990 MNC team.

I'll honestly be shocked if GT wins another football NC during my lifetime (not that football will be recognizable to modern eyes by the time I plan on dying), but I wasn't a fan until 2004 so my expectations were set by Chan Gailey and Reggie Ball.

Remove the FCS freebie(s) every year and re-graph.

The graph doesn't show 1-11 in the last 12 against Clarke County Correctional.
The graph doesn't show Middle Tennessee.
The graph doesn't show the way they lost to Utah, VT this year, Miami last year, and others.
The graph doesn't show 1 win the last 4 years against Miami, VT, U(sic)GA, and Dabo.

And '09 is about to plummet off your graph, leading to a bit of an adjustment.

Remove the FCS freebie(s) every year and re-graph.

The graph doesn't show 1-11 in the last 12 against Clarke County Correctional.
The graph doesn't show Middle Tennessee.
The graph doesn't show the way they lost to Utah, VT this year, Miami last year, and others.
The graph doesn't show 1 win the last 4 years against Miami, VT, U(sic)GA, and Dabo.

And '09 is about to plummet off your graph, leading to a bit of an adjustment.

Read the words and then come back.

The first post now has everything, including a comparision of strength of schedule across the various decades. This factors in the FCS opponents. As I have said about 10 times now, we have always played weak opponents to some extent.

Then, tell me what years you think the team has done better than CPJ has done in his tenure. Sorry, you can't project how the rest of this year will go, or next year. This is about the FACTS. Seems to me that you have to go back to Dodd to find a better year-in-year out performance than we have now. And even Dodd had some ROUGH years. The records don't lie.

There's been one poster jumping ship. Most of us just prefer a luxury liner over a dingy, but will settle for nice 24' motor boat. Although we would accept a jon boat if it had a cool laser on it.

LOL, that may be the best line of the thread. :biggthumpup:

Ahhh...so you're happy paying for a Rolex and getting a Seiko? Very cool. Meet me at the game on Saturday and bring your Rolex money. I have a Seiko I'll bring for you. :lol:

Haha -- difference being in this arena you can't tell a Rolex from a Seiko until years after you buy it, and the money you save paying the right price for your Seiko is spent on women's diving or something. No surprise we keep spending a ton on everything flashy we're offered on the street corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I'll honestly be shocked if GT wins another football NC during my lifetime (not that football will be recognizable to modern eyes by the time I plan on dying)

I'm gonna need to see your exercise stats after a statement like that.

It would be nice, but this is where I point out we haven't beat UGA more than 3 times in a decade since the 1960s (and that was a 4-6 stretch).

A lot of our troublemakers on here are people who remember O'Leary beating up on the weak late-90s ACC (notably never beating the one good team, FSU) and TIAR over one of the worst coaches UGA has had in a long while.

Well, they remember either that or the fluke 1990 MNC team.

I'll honestly be shocked if GT wins another football NC during my lifetime (not that football will be recognizable to modern eyes by the time I plan on dying), but I wasn't a fan until 2004 so my expectations were set by Chan Gailey and Reggie Ball.

Ha...troublemakers. Yeah, our view of things are so skewed that we have held on for another dozen years!

All is content, all is well...you are a Tech fan, accept what you have...

You know, I've been just as critical of the negative knee-jerk assholes as anyone, but sometimes, THANK GOD FOR TROUBLEMAKERS.

I'm not someone who is willing to accept mediocrity in our football program, but I'm also willing to accept that we have had some bad fortune against some of the better teams in recent years. Hell even Vad's fumble against Miami could be thrown in that mix IMO.

That being said, I think we're overreacting a little bit to losing 3 games agains what look to be 3 of our 5 toughest games as things stand right now. We win the next 3 games and we stand at 6-3 going into a big showdown with Clemson, who has looked mortal all year. If we win that game to make it 4 in a row on the season and finish at 6-2 in the ACC, folks will be flocking back to the bandwagon. Lose with at least a good showing and there'd be some grumbling, lose embarassingly to Clemson or any of the next 3 and we will have good reason to be concerned with the state of the program.

GTCrew,

It would take remarkable improvement for us to go into Clemson and beat them. Frankly, it will take some improvement for us to win the next three. And since I don't think I have seen any real improvement from game to game this year, I see no reason to expect it going forward.

I accept the premise that "we'll see". But I don't accept blind eyed optimism.

Back