Stadium improvements

Bring back the cheddar cheese yellow!
IMG_3702.jpeg

I have that shirt!

It is a crappy stadium with poor sightlines and terrible acoustics. Even the Georgia Dome was better. It was built mainly to increase luxury box revenue. I hate the damn place.
Some of us don't want to sit with the Hoi Polloi... Is that a crime??

Fans not wearing our colors puts us at the disadvantage, along with terrible brand management,
yep. purge the navy blue products and get everyone in same shade of gold, no matter which shade it is, and we'd stand out fine. 50 shades of gold dilutes it. oh and actually show up to games and not sell tickets to opponents.

yep. purge the navy blue products and get everyone in same shade of gold, no matter which shade it is, and we'd stand out fine. 50 shades of gold dilutes it. oh and actually show up to games and not sell tickets to opponents.
Even when we have 50 shades of gold, just SHOWING UP in gold makes all the difference. Here are the stands from 2006, well before the Toad's Adidas rebranding project.

800px-Bobby_Dodd_Stadium_Georgia_Tech.jpg

Somehow we have to appease the club people in the east to move the students back behind the opposing bench. At one point teams at least thought this was a tough environment, now we are about like Duke, where one can fall asleep pretty easily. Not sure how you satisfy the clubbers and east ticket holders - maybe entice them to move back to the west? As for the "club", sorry, it might make a little money, but are you going to a football game or watching tv of other games for your money?

Somehow we have to appease the club people in the east to move the students back behind the opposing bench. At one point teams at least thought this was a tough environment, now we are about like Duke, where one can fall asleep pretty easily. Not sure how you satisfy the clubbers and east ticket holders - maybe entice them to move back to the west? As for the "club", sorry, it might make a little money, but are you going to a football game or watching tv of other games for your money?
You'll have to pry my club tickets from my cold, dead hands.

Like basketball, make 10 rows behind the visitor's bench, lower than the club seats, where club members sitting can see over the top of standing students. Make the student seats from the 40 to the 40.

Even when we have 50 shades of gold, just SHOWING UP in gold makes all the difference. Here are the stands from 2006, well before the Toad's Adidas rebranding project.

800px-Bobby_Dodd_Stadium_Georgia_Tech.jpg
idk, in this pic i can see where we are because i can see where we're not from opponents colors. not sure why we can't all pick one color to wear, like every other major program.

idk, in this pic i can see where we are because i can see where we're not from opponents colors. not sure why we can't all pick one color to wear, like every other major program.
The only fix would be going to bright yellow and yuck.

We should have sections for white and gold around the stadium. It wouldn’t be hard and it’s fun to participate in that sort of thing.

The only fix would be going to bright yellow and yuck.
i think it would work no matter what shade, as long as it's consistent. i was pumped thinking adidas would fix this for us, but they've just turned us into the blue jackets. right now we're just a hodgepodge of yellows, golds, white, black, blues, navys.

i think it would work no matter what shade, as long as it's consistent. i was pumped thinking adidas would fix this for us, but they've just turned us into the blue jackets. right now we're just a hodgepodge of yellows, golds, white, black, blues, navys.
We have worn different color jerseys for years. A lot of teams have alternate jerseys.
The fans are the ones needing to get their öööö together, if there is a problem.

I honestly don't care. If GT fans were 85% of our stadium, you wouldn't notice the opposing fans so much.

Just add retractable sun shades over the upper east. That's all that's really needed. Why mess with perfection? I guarantee the BDS piss troughs can handle more gallons/second of urine than any other stadium in existence.
No the retractable sun shades need to be on the West side shading east. You are GT you can do that.

is this supposed to be some kind of breaking news? No öööö you can get out of BDS faster than MBS.
And it is not an “egress nightmare”. It takes me 6 minutes max to leave the stadium & get to my car. Sounds like you have something against MBS.
Actually BDS had egress issues. If you have to shut down escalators because of congestion at the bottom of the run and force fans to stairs-you have egress issues.

I disagree. Eventually, a new stadium will be built at the flats. I may not live to see it, but we are getting to BDS being too old.

It will still be the flats, but the stadium will be different.

As for "soul less" I'm guessing that is some sort of swipe at it being nice and having better ingress and egress and better amenities. There is absolutely nothing special about our seating areas or concession areas at BDS. The LE was replaced. The UN was replaced. The LS was put in. It is a hodgepodge stadium that has about a 6 foot wide path to get from the west to the north that makes it almost seem like you are leaving the stadium when you take it (go left and you are)

We are either going to improve the place or fall further behind. We rebuilt AMC and some didn't want that. It is better now.

The only ask I would have is keep the straight, close sidelines with no walkways in front of the stands (like Sanford and Son stadium has)
The East lower ands Upper North stadium abortion is on Dave Brain's watch.

No the retractable sun shades need to be on the West side shading east. You are GT you can do that.
We need to construct a dirigible that has the ability to block just enough sun to put the entire stadium in the shade. All it is is math.

You had better seats then?
I wanted some row 1's for a while. Those were row 8. Lower, because 218, but it is nice where I am now in 213 having nobody in front of us. Wouldn't mind row 1 of 218

Back