Stadium improvements

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Shouldn't the Edge building be coming down over winter? When are they starting?

Also, we need a bigger jumbotron. Would like to see Wardlaw replaced and modernized

Was just thinking about improvements we need to make after seeing this monster spend by Northwestern. Is there ever a time where we just say "rebuild the entire place"? Play a few seasons at MB and rebuild the whole thing?

Shouldn't the Edge building be coming down over winter? When are they starting?

Also, we need a bigger jumbotron. Would like to see Wardlaw replaced and modernized

Was just thinking about improvements we need to make after seeing this monster spend by Northwestern. Is there ever a time where we just say "rebuild the entire place"? Play a few seasons at MB and rebuild the whole thing?

Certainly not for 800,000,000 mil. Where they hell did they get that money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just add retractable sun shades over the upper east. That's all that's really needed. Why mess with perfection? I guarantee the BDS piss troughs can handle more gallons/second of urine than any other stadium in existence.
yes, do to Bobby Dodd what the city of Miami did to their NFL stadium.

Maybe make student athletic fees forever with free seats in the upper north. I mean if a GT degree is so valuable and cheap compared to other schools, let the grads pay forever or forfeit the degreee.

But if the tear down the stadium will it still be Bobby Dodd stadium at historic Hyundai Field?

I would be absolutely heartbroken if we tore down BDS to build a soulless NFL-lite stadium. At that point we might as well just play all of our games in the Benz.

People don't want to hear it, but Tech will move to MBS before it will build a new on-campus stadium. And a renovation that throws more debt onto the existing stadium is out of the question financially.

People don't want to hear it, but Tech will move to MBS before it will build a new on-campus stadium. And a renovation that throws more debt onto the existing stadium is out of the question financially.
I disagree. Eventually, a new stadium will be built at the flats. I may not live to see it, but we are getting to BDS being too old.

It will still be the flats, but the stadium will be different.

As for "soul less" I'm guessing that is some sort of swipe at it being nice and having better ingress and egress and better amenities. There is absolutely nothing special about our seating areas or concession areas at BDS. The LE was replaced. The UN was replaced. The LS was put in. It is a hodgepodge stadium that has about a 6 foot wide path to get from the west to the north that makes it almost seem like you are leaving the stadium when you take it (go left and you are)

We are either going to improve the place or fall further behind. We rebuilt AMC and some didn't want that. It is better now.

The only ask I would have is keep the straight, close sidelines with no walkways in front of the stands (like Sanford and Son stadium has)

I disagree. Eventually, a new stadium will be built at the flats. I may not live to see it, but we are getting to BDS being too old.

It will still be the flats, but the stadium will be different.

As for "soul less" I'm guessing that is some sort of swipe at it being nice and having better ingress and egress and better amenities. There is absolutely nothing special about our seating areas or concession areas at BDS. The LE was replaced. The UN was replaced. The LS was put in. It is a hodgepodge stadium that has about a 6 foot wide path to get from the west to the north that makes it almost seem like you are leaving the stadium when you take it (go left and you are)

We are either going to improve the place or fall further behind. We rebuilt AMC and some didn't want that. It is better now.

The only ask I would have is keep the straight, close sidelines with no walkways in front of the stands (like Sanford and Son stadium has)
I’m not arguing with you but just saying, get some professional food servers and people’s satisfaction goes up double.

I’m not arguing with you but just saying, get some professional food servers and people’s satisfaction goes up double.
During cold games, at least in the UN, they need to separate out the selling of boiled peanuts from the hot chocolate. I wanted some boiled peanuts, but the line was 20 deep with folks buying hot chocolate so I skipped.

If we do a tear down, we might lose grandfathering for stream buffer, since we are over a tributary to peachtree creek

Back