Jeff Sims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has he even declared for the portal? Last I saw he hadn't

Has he even declared for the portal? Last I saw he hadn't

“I’m never going to say something that sounds at all disrespectful toward a player,” Matt Rhule said. “I think Jeff is an amazing, amazing young man and amazing human that was there for his teammates every step of the way. Had we started off with a couple of layup games where he could have gotten some confidence, maybe things would have gone better.”

Jeff Sims played in five games. He struggled in those games that he did play in, with a 59.6 completion percentage and 282 passing yards. He threw only one touchdown to six interceptions. He also ran for 189 yards and a touchdown, while losing four fumbles.

“You know, he’s really talented. Can run, dynamic, can make all the throws. We just turned the ball over too much. But I love who he is. I love the person that he is.”

Ultimately, in all of this, Matt Rhule felt there is a lesson that needs to be learned.

He really could coach how to get the most out of NIL without doing anything.
5903fdf6d5cc91104aecb0f5bb3148ea

“I’m never going to say something that sounds at all disrespectful toward a player,” Matt Rhule said. “I think Jeff is an amazing, amazing young man and amazing human that was there for his teammates every step of the way. Had we started off with a couple of layup games where he could have gotten some confidence, maybe things would have gone better.”

Jeff Sims played in five games. He struggled in those games that he did play in, with a 59.6 completion percentage and 282 passing yards. He threw only one touchdown to six interceptions. He also ran for 189 yards and a touchdown, while losing four fumbles.

“You know, he’s really talented. Can run, dynamic, can make all the throws. We just turned the ball over too much. But I love who he is. I love the person that he is.”

Ultimately, in all of this, Matt Rhule felt there is a lesson that needs to be learned.

If you can’t see how much we’ve grown, how much we’ve developed, you don’t want to see it

I thought Rhule was very classy in his words regarding Sims. He obviously erred in his decision to give him the starting job, but he did not throw the player under the bus.
Sims must have done great in practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back