Jeff Sims

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no reason to be bitter or angry at Sims. The coach who recruited him was shown the door (justifiably, obviously) but it seems he knew he was going to transfer and didn’t feel good about or didn’t want to play. I don’t like that, don’t like how his time on The Flats ended, but I don’t wish him ill.
That being said, his performance tonight isn’t making me miss him, either.

11-19 114 yards, 1 TD 3 INT. Best play involved him fumbling. Feels predictable.
He didn’t quit mid game, so that’s a positive for him. Nebraska lost because he threw an INT in the final minute, so that’s par for the course for him.

So much talent wasted…

I have no reason to be bitter or angry at Sims. The coach who recruited him was shown the door (justifiably, obviously) but it seems he knew he was going to transfer and didn’t feel good about or didn’t want to play. I don’t like that, don’t like how his time on The Flats ended, but I don’t wish him ill.
That being said, his performance tonight isn’t making me miss him, either.
It wasn’t about transferring. The guy played in 0 uga games. He quit on the team and got in an argument with his dad during a game about it. He’s a disgrace and owes our fanbase and team an apology.

Really thought he could improve with better coaching. Clearly I was wrong.

Is unnecessary drama your thing?
1693567019290.gif

King has a similar 2022 TD / int ratio and a similar QB rating overall.. hoping for the best still

Geoff Collins was all in on this guy, the story of the Collins Era.... Waffle House and recruiting over rated players that the Collins couldn't develop (except for the Gibbs Kid who Choice recruited)

He didn’t quit mid game, so that’s a positive for him. Nebraska lost because he threw an INT in the final minute, so that’s par for the course for him.

So much talent wasted…

The physical tools are there; but the talent is not. Some of us took some flack on this board for disagreeing that he was the next "Joe Hamilton" and a top Heisman candidate. I think what we are seeing now is that even with better coaching the results are the same. CPJ left better quarterbacks in the cupboard than Simms, that'll be a tough pill for some to swallow. Norvell saw what the clown never could and moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back