GT v. FSU in Ireland 2024

I don't care about the $250 - it's a rounding error on the trip. But the seats currently available are awful. I'm sure the ticket releases are intentional, and run primarily by the event and not GT -- I don't blame GT.

I don't care about the $250 - it's a rounding error on the trip. But the seats currently available are awful. I'm sure the ticket releases are intentional, and run primarily by the event and not GT -- I don't blame GT.
My guy at the ticket office said last time, folks got decent seats from the Ireland website. I checked but they aren’t selling tix till Mar 15 and even then only to people in EU countries.

Effing Ticketmaster is the ticket distributor so just pulled the trigger on a pair from GTAA so I can get on with my life.

I lucked out and will be watching it from the comfort of my home for $0.

I’ll be doing some serious relaxing with the money and time I save, rest assured.
Looks like this for me too. I guess I will just make it up by going to UNC or Blacksburg this year.

I checked but they aren’t selling tix till Mar 15 and even then only to people in EU countries.
I see nothing about this - can you please share where you saw this?

I'm guessing you are accessing the GT2Ireland... URLs.

You have to go to the base website (collegefootballIreland.com...) You might get a redirect back to GT2Ireland... if so, here's what I found:

1708536482307.png

I'm guessing you are accessing the GT2Ireland... URLs.

You have to go to the base website (collegefootballIreland.com...) You might get a redirect back to GT2Ireland... if so, here's what I found:

1708536482307.png
Thanks 00B. I haven't seen anything that says Americans will be excluded from purchasing thru ticketmaster (IE or US), and given the seats that left thru GT I don't mind taking that risk anyway.

Thanks 00B. I haven't seen anything that says Americans will be excluded from purchasing thru ticketmaster (IE or US), and given the seats that left thru GT I don't mind taking that risk anyway.
I hope I’m wrong but when I see “for fans in Ireland and …” I figure they are checking IP addresses and perhaps cc billing adresses for locale.

I hope I’m wrong but when I see “for fans in Ireland and …” I figure they are checking IP addresses and perhaps cc billing adresses for locale.
Well, you would kinda have to be "in Ireland" to go to the game, probably helps to be a "fan", too. :bigthumbup:

Well, I bit the bullet today and pretty much finalized my trip. Two weeks in Iceland prior to going on to Dublin on the 23rd, just in time for the game on the 24th

Jealous! We did a long weekend in January in Iceland a few years back for Northern Lights, and what we were able to see was breathtaking. I want to go back.

We did two weeks in Ireland and NI last time, and we’re kind of picking up some leftovers for a week this time.

JRjr

Jealous! We did a long weekend in January in Iceland a few years back for Northern Lights, and what we were able to see was breathtaking. I want to go back.

We did two weeks in Ireland and NI last time, and we’re kind of picking up some leftovers for a week this time.

JRjr
Lucky you, seeing the Northern Lights. I have been to quite a few countries over the past 25 years, but Iceland was still on my bucket list. Since I have already been to Ireland and England and Scotland, this was a great opportunity to do an Iceland tour. and amazingly the tour company I use (and have used many times) is not charging for the transatlantic flights for this particular tour, and that includes going to Dublin. So flight-wise, all I have to pay for is the roundtrip from Augusta to JFK, and fortunately I can cover that with FF points.

Lucky you, seeing the Northern Lights. I have been to quite a few countries over the past 25 years, but Iceland was still on my bucket list. Since I have already been to Ireland and England and Scotland, this was a great opportunity to do an Iceland tour. and amazingly the tour company I use (and have used many times) is not charging for the transatlantic flights for this particular tour, and that includes going to Dublin. So flight-wise, all I have to pay for is the roundtrip from Augusta to JFK, and fortunately I can cover that with FF points.
I hate to break it to you...

They're charging you for the transatlantic flights.

I hate to break it to you...

They're charging you for the transatlantic flights.
Technically, yes, it's hidden in there somewhere. But the trips later in the year that do not include "free" air, cost the same as what I am paying for this trip. I have been traveling with this company for 20 years, so I actually know a real good deal and a "hidden trick" when I see one, and I have not found any "hidden tricks" in all those years.

Well, I think I've put the final touches on my trip now. Boy, hotels in Dublin are EXPENSIVE. Fortunately, for anyone interested, the Trinity College Hotel is relatively inexpensive at less than 200 a night, and rooms are still available, which was not the case for the more expensive places. It is within easy walking distance of the Temple Bar area (pretty much the city center, with lots of good restaurants and bars), and is adjacent to the Trinity College Campus, where they had pep rallies for both Tech and BC when we played there before. I haven't heard anything yet about pep rallies for this game.

Back