Expansion

I got a 1510 (in fairness, I took the test again at 22) and I only got in because I had served 4+ years in the Army. Tech is a hard school to get into. Always has been. And I'm convinced even then I only got in because my last name is Marques.

I’ve been to downtown Atlanta and Downtown Seattle on the last few months. You can’t even compare the two.
I’ve been to all three and as far as homeless people go they seem about the same to me

I got into Tech with a 1140 but this is before they changed the test where it is no longer a big deal to score over 1000.

It is about TV and streaming eyeballs, not geography. If Universities in London and Liverpool would bring the eyeballs and $ someone would jump the pond. Sad for traditionalists like many of us, but true.

WVU brings marketable games against Pitt and VT. But I don’t think they bring up the overall numbers unless we can trade UL to the B12.
This. There is a mutual hate fest between WV, Pitt, and VT. I think Syracuse is also in this hate fest. It’s a bunch of rivalry games that draw attention because of how much hate there is. We need more hate in the ACC.

I would think ACC expansion must start with Notre Dame. If you buy this argument, then next question is what would it take for them to commit?

I hate all this expansion stuff, but the ACC better get off their overly conservative ass and do something if they want to exist in a meaningful way. The B12 is actively trying to get better while our marquee teams are hiring lawyers to figure out exit strategies.

I would think ACC expansion must start with Notre Dame. If you buy this argument, then next question is what would it take for them to commit?

ND isn't joining a sinking ship. I cannot fathom why or how ND would join the ACC unless they were offered a big revenue deal (the unequal kind that isn't good for the rest of the conference).

I got a 1510 (in fairness, I took the test again at 22) and I only got in because I had served 4+ years in the Army. Tech is a hard school to get into. Always has been. And I'm convinced even then I only got in because my last name is Marques.
Actually, it hasn't always been that hard to get in. Hard to get out, for sure, but far easier to get in than it has been if the last 10 or so years.

ND isn't joining a sinking ship. I cannot fathom why or how ND would join the ACC unless they were offered a big revenue deal (the unequal kind that isn't good for the rest of the conference).

I would still make an aggressive run at it and be open minded to different revenue sharing models. the ACC is currently third in conference revenue and would not be a sinking ship with ND.

Seriously, what are the other options? WVU, SMU, Tulane, etc. do not move the needle enough to close the revenue gap.
M

I would still make an aggressive run at it and be open minded to different revenue sharing models. the ACC is currently third in conference revenue and would not be a sinking ship with ND.

Seriously, what are the other options? WVU, SMU, Tulane, etc. do not move the needle enough to close the revenue gap.
M
Notre Dame boosters would go apeshit if they joined any conference other than the Big Ten, and even then some would go apeshit. 0% chance they join the ACC as a football member.

Back