Expansion

Flunk, UCF is harder to get in than Tech. It’s just easier to stay in.
IMG_4390.gif

And uga is more difficult to get into as well.

IMG_4390.gif

And uga is more difficult to get into as well.
If you look at % of applicants that get in yeah, that's probably true because any random HS student in GA will apply to u[sic]ga expecting to get in.

If you look at % of applicants that get in yeah, that's probably true because any random HS student in GA will apply to u[sic]ga expecting to get in.

I live in FL and can tell you that UCF is the 100% fallback school for those applying to FSU and UF. My kids have friends that go to UCF that can barely spell their names and add a tip to a check - Truth!

No. There no metric in which uga or UCF is more selective then GT. Full stop. It’s laughable to suggest either.

UCF isn't in GT's league, but I was shocked when I looked at their admission stats last year. I remember UCF from 20 years ago where it was a complete joke. Their ACT range is 26-30 and SAT 1270-1390. That SAT range has to be at least 250 points higher than 20 years ago. Turns out you can still have a competitive admissions process just feasting on UF/FSU's sloppy seconds.

I could totally see the ACC trying to arrange some sort of expansion with PAC12 schools looking to jump.
They’re supposed to be meeting this week in hopes of making an Alliance 2.0. I see it going as well as the first one. Both conferences should die but that’s not going to happen for the ACC until GOR goes away.

I think you guys are missing the fact that UCF is a 'university'. I have a relative who went there for a law enforcement degree (they have a criminal justice BS or BA, probably one of those) who I'm sure had a low to mediocre ACT score. If GT had as wide a portfolio of degree programs, and as large a student body, we would probably be easy to get into as well.

I could totally see the ACC trying to arrange some sort of expansion with PAC12 schools looking to jump.
There’s a couple of programs I’d be okay adding, but I wouldn’t want GT traveling west more than once a season. Maybe you find a way to marry ND by “going national” and grabbing Stanford and anyone else ND wants. Not that I think ND would bite, but gotta shoot your shot.

There’s a couple of programs I’d be okay adding, but I wouldn’t want GT traveling west more than once a season. Maybe you find a way to marry ND by “going national” and grabbing Stanford and anyone else ND wants. Not that I think ND would bite, but gotta shoot your shot.
The problem is that the schools the presidents would want are Cal, Stanford, and Washington, which means visits to San Francisco and Seattle. Not where I want to go.

Flunk, UCF is harder to get in than Tech. It’s just easier to stay in.
1250 SAT gets you into UCF.... a 1450 got a daughter put on the deferred weight list to get into Tech. Just saying. So she is going G.St. for a year and reapplying after a year. But easily got into UCF is she wanted. She actually was accepted at all the major Florida schools. But Ugag and GT was both deferred. So guessing her lack of many activities hurt her within our flagship schools even with terrific academics.
Edit: and that is based on this years upcoming Freshmen class...my youngest daughter went through this process this past year. So UCF is NOT at GT's level on entrance requirements. Anyone that says that is ignorant of the facts.

Back