Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

Good to know. I have limited access to X (depending on where I am at any given point) so perciate the spoon-fed info. I've mentioned before that I have access to a wired-in source down there but I haven't reached out (about this issue) in a few months and don't plan to again. At this point, I think what we have here is a classic case of "Overcommitment to a Failing Course of Action." Seems F$U started down this path a year or so ago and are ignoring all the warning signs that they are marching towards a cliff. I assumed all along (until recently) that there was a secret card F$U hadn't played yet (an undisclosed invitation to either the SEC or B1G). Seems no such card exists.

At this point, I think what F$U is doing is like divorcing your wife, selling the house and quitting your job in the deperate hope that the hottie down the street who hasn't so much as said "Hi" to you will all the sudden want to marry you. I don't see any outcome in which F$U is better off by continuing down this road.
Good analogy

Good to know. I have limited access to X (depending on where I am at any given point) so perciate the spoon-fed info. I've mentioned before that I have access to a wired-in source down there but I haven't reached out (about this issue) in a few months and don't plan to again. At this point, I think what we have here is a classic case of "Overcommitment to a Failing Course of Action." Seems F$U started down this path a year or so ago and are ignoring all the warning signs that they are marching towards a cliff. I assumed all along (until recently) that there was a secret card F$U hadn't played yet (an undisclosed invitation to either the SEC or B1G). Seems no such card exists.

At this point, I think what F$U is doing is like divorcing your wife, selling the house and quitting your job in the deperate hope that the hottie down the street who hasn't so much as said "Hi" to you will all the sudden want to marry you. I don't see any outcome in which F$U is better off by continuing down this road.

If only we had a divorce thread we could move this to.

pics of FSU ex-wife?

beamer.0.0 (1).jpeg

Yeah but why pay $600M when you can settle for $300M.
Then that isn't agreeing to pay the exit fee and leaving. In fact, they are attempting to pay zero exit fee and will settle. Being compelled to pay, via lawsuit, is much different than just agreeing to adhere to the contract you signed

Then that isn't agreeing to pay the exit fee and leaving. In fact, they are attempting to pay zero exit fee and will settle. Being compelled to pay, via lawsuit, is much different than just agreeing to adhere to the contract you signed
Well they will attempt to pay 0 exit fee so they can negotiate to something in between. That’s how negotiations work.

Well they will attempt to pay 0 exit fee so they can negotiate to something in between. That’s how negotiations work.
Yea, this isn't a negotiation. A negotiation is BEFORE you sign a binding contract. If I go lease a Lamborghini, Lamborghini is going to hold me to that contract. It isn't "Hey, I know I agreed to pay a lease of $6,000 per month for 24 months, but I am going to renegotiate the contract I signed and agree to pay $299 per month. Agree or I sue"
Lamborghini's answer "the contract is for $144k 24 months. Early exit of the contract, at this moment, since you've paid several payments, is $96k. Pay the $96k and you are free to turn the car back in and go."

FSU, contractually, owes $500 million+

Yea, this isn't a negotiation. A negotiation is BEFORE you sign a binding contract. If I go lease a Lamborghini, Lamborghini is going to hold me to that contract. It isn't "Hey, I know I agreed to pay a lease of $6,000 per month for 24 months, but I am going to renegotiate the contract I signed and agree to pay $299 per month. Agree or I sue"
Lamborghini's answer "the contract is for $144k 24 months. Early exit of the contract, at this moment, since you've paid several payments, is $96k. Pay the $96k and you are free to turn the car back in and go."

That's true but you may be able to negotiate with the repo man

No, more like I got this öööö dragging on for months and we both rack up lawyer costs and finally you cave in and say ok just pay me this. Litigation is part of the negotiation.

BTW we’re on the same side just so you know. öööö FSU with one of Vlad Tepes’s poles and I hope they pay every single cent and öööö off. I’m just pointing out what their most likely strategy is.

No, more like I got this öööö dragging on for months and we both rack up lawyer costs and finally you cave in and say ok just pay me this. Litigation is part of the negotiation.

BTW we’re on the same side just so you know. öööö FSU with one of Vlad Tepes’s poles and I hope they pay every single cent and öööö off. I’m just pointing out what their most likely strategy is.
Wrong. We are not on the "same side" as FSU. Give us our ööööing cut of $500 million, FSU

FSU has become the Karen of college football. Maybe the ACC should rethink all of this and just kick them out. They're never going to be happy. I would really like to know if another conference has really given them a bona fide offer to join.

FSU has become the Karen of college football. Maybe the ACC should rethink all of this and just kick them out. They're never going to be happy. I would really like to know if another conference has really given them a bona fide offer to join.
You don’t kick out someone who owes you hundreds of millions of dollars if they leave. Jesus some of you retards are stunningly retarded.

Back