Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

I am told by a reliable source that F$U will announce its departure from the ACC this week.

Further, I am told they are going to pay the exit fee.

Is there an exit fee? What is it? My understanding from the GoR was that if you leave the ACC still retains your home game media rights which obviously would not be tenable.

Is there an exit fee? What is it? My understanding from the GoR was that if you leave the ACC still retains your home game media rights which obviously would not be tenable.
Good question. Don't know.

Paying the exit fee is one thing. If true, I can't wait to see what loophole they found on media rights because that was supposedly airtight.

Does your source say where they're going?
No. But they are hoping 7 teams follow suit which, I'm told, is enough to dissolve the GoR. Then, its a bidding contest to see who goes where.

ESPN, who is hemorrhaging money, isn’t going to bust up the deal it has going on the ACC. They just told the SEC they wouldn’t give them more money for 9 conference games compared to 8. Why would they turn around and dump a bunch of money into Clemson and FSU, two properties they already own?

Smells like wild speculation. They might go SEC but I can't see the advantage. Why would they do that?

i hope its true. chaos benefits us. i think.
It does.
F0E55A33-9D16-4C2F-86F9-7E243A7B721A.jpeg

Back