Catchall Deion Sanders Thread

giphy-downsized-large (2).gif

Now that NSD I & II have passed, let’s check out the “elite” 2024 HS recruiting class brought in at Colorado.

24/7:
#117 - Worst class of the P4/P5 (Shows 7 signees)

Rivals.com: (Shows 7 signees and 1 commit who hasn’t signed).
#90 - Only ahead of UVA (#92), BC (#97) for worst class in the P4/P5.

ON3.com: (Shows 7 signees and 1 commit who hasn’t signed)
#66 - Elite final ranking of all the services.

You can’t just build a team through the Portal only. From all reports, Sanders won’t even do in-home visits. They send out offers and that’s about it. As stated by Mike Farrell below you cant just build through the Portal “2024 most disappointing classes” Colorado comes in at #1.

1. Colorado
— Spin it all you want with the transfer portal focus, but seven high school signees is not good and does not come close to helping to lay a foundation or a culture. There is some talent here, but Deion Sanders is looking for shortcuts.

Pretty safe to say, the hype about landing elite talent because he’s Deion didn’t pan out on the recruiting trail. Deion is just doing what he can until an NFL team potentially comes calling. And there are no more excuses if things go sideways this year. He had an opportunity to bring in a full recruiting class and didn’t take advantage of it. Instead he’s going to bring in 40+ from the Portal again.

Deion is just doing what he can until an NFL team potentially comes calling

Calling for what? I doubt seriously that he would want to work as a position coach/assistant and work up the NFL ladder. He isn't remotely ready to coach an NFL team if that is what you are implying.

Calling for what? I doubt seriously that he would want to work as a position coach/assistant and work up the NFL ladder. He isn't remotely ready to coach an NFL team if that is what you are implying.
At this point with everything going on, being a CFB HC is a placeholder to be an OC, DC in the NFL. I could see him moving for a coordinator position once his kids are finished at Colorado. Especially if Colorado has a losing record again this year. And looking at the schedule, 5 wins looks like the max.

I could see him moving for a coordinator position once his kids are finished at Colorado

Who would be hiring him for a coordinator job in the NFL? He is supposed to be the great recruiter and have solid coaches around him—he isn’t known for his Xs and Os ability.

Who would be hiring him for a coordinator job in the NFL? He is supposed to be the great recruiter and have solid coaches around him—he isn’t known for his Xs and Os ability.
lol read through the thread. According to some, he’s the next Saban and GT missed the opportunity of a lifetime. Despite the results on and off the field.

lol read through the thread

Sadly, I have. I don’t think that Deion will last much longer at Colorado. I am curious if Colorado’s financial position is still better when the Deion circus leaves town than it was before he showed up.

But I don’t see Deion trying to go the NFL coordinator route given the time he’d have to put in to get there.

Sadly, I have. I don’t think that Deion will last much longer at Colorado. I am curious if Colorado’s financial position is still better when the Deion circus leaves town than it was before he showed up.

But I don’t see Deion trying to go the NFL coordinator route given the time he’d have to put in to get there.
Their last financials were worse than the prior season, but they blamed it on firing a staff.

or given the fact that he‘s grossly unqualified for a coordinator job and no NFL would even consider hiring him in such a crucial role
I cannot imagine him roaming the sideline making critical coordinator calls for either team last night. Deion is a celebrity coach. He doesn't seem very X's and O's. He wants to be in front of a camera and selling products he sponsors

Back