Catchall Deion Sanders Thread

At the risk of sounding like a Deion apologist I’m gonna point out that 6 of their 8 losses were one score. They got blown out by Oregon and Washington State. I’m happy with Key but I wouldn’t call Deion a bust until he pulls another 4 win season next year.

At the risk of sounding like a Deion apologist I’m gonna point out that 6 of their 8 losses were one score. They got blown out by Oregon and Washington State. I’m happy with Key but I wouldn’t call Deion a bust until he pulls another 4 win season next year.
tumblr_c4a3522ffc7d69cb7d884be57fd6ce05_41c97734_500.gif

I should point out 4/5 of our losses in 2006 were by a grand, cumulative total of 13 points - and we were still mad at Chan.

I should point out 4/5 of our losses in 2006 were by a grand, cumulative total of 13 points - and we were still mad at Chan.
And that was his 4th year right? I don’t think Deion did a great job at Colorado yet but the first year pass is a gimme for most coaches. Of course his attitude is the reason why he’s such a divisive character. You either love him or you hate him and want him to fail.

I don't think this has already been posted, but the following article is a very interesting record of how players already at Colorado were treated when Sanders took over. As far as I am concerned, it doesn't paint a very pretty picture. Key quote from the article is from one of the dismissed players, who said,

So he does feel resentment?
“Yeah,” he said. “All my resentment is just for the leadership and the coaches and all that. I don’t have any anger toward the team.”

This is the link to the article: https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-colorado-players-were-told-154730246.html

I don't think this has already been posted, but the following article is a very interesting record of how players already at Colorado were treated when Sanders took over. As far as I am concerned, it doesn't paint a very pretty picture. Key quote from the article is from one of the dismissed players, who said,

“Yeah,” he said. “All my resentment is just for the leadership and the coaches and all that. I don’t have any anger toward the team.”

This is the link to the article: https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-colorado-players-were-told-154730246.html
Most players who get run off resent the coach; most people who get fired m don’t talk glowingly of their boss; when your spouse files for divorce you don’t talk about how awesome she was to you.

I still wrestle with my opinion of a Deion has a head coach. I’m not convinced he can get out of the way to find genuine success in a leadership position. His approach to the roster he inherited was brutal and I hate it for the kids. Perhaps these are the times we live in….He certainly is one helluva marketer.

And that was his 4th year right? I don’t think Deion did a great job at Colorado yet but the first year pass is a gimme for most coaches. Of course his attitude is the reason why he’s such a divisive character. You either love him or you hate him and want him to fail.
We played much, much, much tougher games than Deion has

Most players who get run off resent the coach; most people who get fired m don’t talk glowingly of their boss; when your spouse files for divorce you don’t talk about how awesome she was to you.
She was, sometimes. Unfortunately, she was awesome to several other guys too.

I think Deion can coach. His success at Jackson State showed that. His early win over TCU was both a blessing and a curse. You were beating a playoff team from the year before which brought immediate and sensational attention to the program, but that came with unrealistic expectations. TCU was not the same team this year. 4-8 was about right for Year 1 in Boulder. I think it will likely take a couple of more seasons to start winning and going to bowl games. After about season five, if he is still there, we can really assess if this was a good hire. I think he can win there.

As a friend of mine said. Whats next? President Prime? Pope Prime the 1st?

Amazing that nothing else happened in any other sport that warranted the award.

I love the total gaslighting by these journalists, and the guy that wrote this is about as hack as they come. Acting as if they predicted this all the time and noone is surprised, and they had nothing to do with the total September Deion jizz fest

Back