Accolades for Coach Key

I actually would love to see it.
The goats are not quite as delusional as A&M folks, but they are close. On their best day, they are a better than average program (Mack has a lot to do with that).

They have have been ranked in the final Top 25 twice in the last 25 years. They have 2 Top 10 finishes in the last 75 years. Haven't won an ACC title since 1980 and only four 10-win seasons in that time (3 by Mack).

The goats are not quite as delusional as A&M folks, but they are close. On their best day, they are a better than average program (Mack has a lot to do with that).

They have have been ranked in the final Top 25 twice in the last 25 years. They have 2 Top 10 finishes in the last 75 years. Haven't won an ACC title since 1980 and only four 10-win seasons in that time (3 by Mack).

Awesome. And just think how awesomer it would be with a Mack Brown fumbling around the sidelines not knowing which way is up. Personally, I can't wait.

I was feeling down after bowling green but going to chalk that loss up as a fluke. Gotta look at the total body of work.

The way they fought til the end against Miami the very next game washed away the stench of BG for me. That was a hallmark Key win IMO. Don't give AF about the woulda-shoulda perspective either. They won because HC didn't let em give up.

The way they fought til the end against Miami the very next game washed away the stench of BG for me. That was a hallmark Key win IMO. Don't give AF about the woulda-shoulda perspective either. They won because HC didn't let em give up.
Agree. Every coach has a WTF game, sometimes more than one. Except maybe Kirby…but his is coming.

It's been 5 years, but he's had one. Remember the fake punt that pretty much sealed their fate against Bama in the '18 SECCG? He's WAY overdue for another one.

He didn’t have a WTF game against us necessarily but they were on a razor’s edge. If we had a couple key stops or made one more key TD scoring play on O I think that one could’ve gotten away from them.

They seemed like THEY were unprepared.

On the flip side, BGSU and Louisville this year come to mind.
I have no issue with the loss to Louisville. It was a hell of a game we should have finished our, but it wasn't an embarrassment.

BGSU was embarrassing. We got manhandled. Their RB looked like Barry Sanders Jr and we made their mediocre QB look like Tom Brady.

That said. We were a much different team at the end of the season.

I have no issue with the loss to Louisville. It was a hell of a game we should have finished our, but it wasn't an embarrassment.

BGSU was embarrassing. We got manhandled. Their RB looked like Barry Sanders Jr and we made their mediocre QB look like Tom Brady.

God I wish we had that BG game back.

God I wish we had that BG game back.
Yep, we are better now across the board. Defense stepped up. King settled in. We have more of a hate to lose attitude now.

The UGAg game probably is under my skin more than Louisville. We had an opportunity to win that game

My thoughts exactly as the wife (no pics) and I were watching BG yesterday. Seeing the way they played after having watched us curb stomp UCF, I couldn’t help but think we are the clearly superior team at this point in the year.

And looking ahead to next year, we’ll have improved coaching on the defensive side of the ball, be returning most starters, and bringing in a top 30 class. This is what a program looks like on the rise. And it feels really, REALLY good.

Back