What are the odds we beat tennessee now that Dedrick Mills ööööed us?

What are the odds we beat Tennessee?

Votes: 32 22.9%

Votes: 3 2.1%

Votes: 11 7.9%

Votes: 9 6.4%

Votes: 28 20.0%

Votes: 21 15.0%

Votes: 19 13.6%

Votes: 6 4.3%

Votes: 3 2.1%

Votes: 8 5.7%

• Total voters
I think we are a 7-5 team. Thought we were an 8-4 team. The world will not end, unless the eclipse gets us.

I'll put some money on it that you're wrong. Or maybe I just hope you're wrong. öööö it. You're right.

The biggest concern about an opening game with a new QB and a new BB is fumbles. Our odds of winning the turnover battle just dropped a bit, and that could be a game changer.
yep, the first thing that crossed my mind

My uncertainty about this game is off the charts. We could win 42-17 or lose 45-14 and neither would surprise me. I'd only be surprised if either team holds the other under 10.

A melancholy feeling of deja vu is upon me. Coming off a fine season, playing a high profile game against a good opponent to start the season, star running back is suspended or dismissed. It was 1991, the Meadowlands, William Bell, Penn State. Of course in the first example the fine season was a national title and we still had Shawn Jones at QB. But, we still got it handed to us.

If there is a silver lining, it's that 2 weeks ago Shoop could prepare for our game just by watching film from VT last year and anticipate CPJ calling plays for a MJ/DM offense. Now, they are back to preparing for anything and everything, and I think Tech might have an advantage when it comes to gameday strategy.

Not glad at all this happened, but at least it's a couple of weeks ahead of the game and not the night before. I am sure it hasn't helped morale, but hopefully they have time to get it together before 9/4. As mentioned, unfortunately our probability for turnovers just went up a bit and that will be important as it is in any game. I think the result will come down to turnovers, our ability to block on O (particularly A-back edge blocking) and then mainly our D stopping UT. The O always seems to take a few games to get into rhythm.

Not glad at all this happened, but at least it's a couple of weeks ahead of the game and not the night before. I am sure it hasn't helped morale, but hopefully they have time to get it together before 9/4. As mentioned, unfortunately our probability for turnovers just went up a bit and that will be important as it is in any game. I think the result will come down to turnovers, our ability to block on O (particularly A-back edge blocking) and then mainly our D stopping UT. The O always seems to take a few games to get into rhythm.

We should be full shotgun air raid with 3 weeks of practice.

Hate it that Mills couldn't overcome his problems. However, I still believe that QB will still be the major issue through out the season!

One positive of Mills going up in smoke is our best seasons come when expectations are low. Before dismissal, things were way too positive around here. I feared a total collapse coming. Now I can relax and enjoy another 10 win season in the works.

Quaide Weimerskirch will make us forget about Mills.
photo.jpg

It still going to be a real good season. We will miss Dedrick but stuff happens. Got to bear down and get after the Big Orange.

Go Jackets!

Unfortunately one player can make a huge difference. Both UGA and Auburn won National Championships because of one player, and haven't come close to a National Championship since the one player left.

Auburn lost the title game in 2013 by 3 points, after winning it with Cam in 2010. That's pretty close to a NC.

I can't see why anyone is surprised he's off the team. Any kid suspended for two games as a star freshman has lower than normal odds to make it through the next season.

I also think B-Back is the most plug-and-play position in our offense, and more plug-and-play than RB in most other offenses. We've had two breakout true-freshmen in a row, at most other offensive positions we don't even consider playing true freshmen. Sims and Days also were immediately successful at the position after moving from QB.

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer if Mills had followed the rules enough to still be on the team, but I'm a lot more worried about the QB, and I'd fear an inexperienced O-line or inexperienced perimeter players a lot more (the latter being a big contributor to the 2015 debacle).

Back