UNCHEAT

“Core Purpose: Our purpose is to govern competition in a fair, safe, equitable and sportsmanlike manner, and to integrate intercollegiate athletics into higher education so that the educational experience of the student-athlete is paramount.”

giphy.gif

Something like 47% of the takers of the fake classes were athletes. (Check my numbers here)

Athletes account for about 4% of the student population.

That is enough evidence for me to believe that athletes were steered into these classes.

What level of proof is required for the NCAA? If it is preponderance of the evidence, I have no idea how this alone wasn't enough to believe the fraud was constructed to benefit athletes.

So how does all this jibe with the way the NCAA responded to the Jim Harrick situation at UGA? It pains me to say this; but UGA and Jim Harrick Jr. in particular got really screwed.

http://www.redandblack.com/news/jim...cle_f96e462b-0562-5da0-85f7-dbfac20ed8e9.html

{Go ahead and chastise me for linking to Red&Black t00}

And we got screwed with flunkgate, as has virtually any school that's ever been sanctioned for anything ever, especially related to academics, since UNC just got away with one of the most obvious cases of fraud we've ever seen.

YES! Give the NCAA the bird
200.gif
I'd just like to do it to see if they attempt to punish us further for a harmless action of placing a trophy into a case for public viewing. Of course they would find our actions to be much more harmful to the sanctity of college sports than having make believe classes for athletes.

I'd just like to do it to see if they attempt to punish us further for a harmless action of placing a trophy into a case for public viewing. Of course they would find our actions to be much more harmful to the sanctity of college sports than having make believe classes for athletes.
Make a replica of the trophy and tweak one very small detail so it's not the same and name it something slightly different and leave the NCAA off it. öööö EM!

So an organization that has tax-exempt status tied to their putative role in education has no enforcement over a matter of education...

giphy.gif

THIS is, perhaps, where the crap will hit the fan. There are a LOT more members of Congress that are not uncheat fans than are.

PressureCongree to do away with the tax exempt status. See what the college presidents (the NCAA) do then.

“Core Purpose: Our purpose is to govern competition in a fair, safe, equitable and sportsmanlike manner, and to integrate intercollegiate athletics into higher education so that the educational experience of the student-athlete is paramount.”

That core purpose needs to be updated to remove references to education since the NCAA is admitting that education isn't their area of interest. What about something like:

"Our purpose is to govern competition in a fair, safe, equitable and sportsmanlike manner, and to integrate intercollegiate athletics into highly lucrative media products."

That core purpose needs to be updated to remove references to education since the NCAA is admitting that education isn't their area of interest. What about something like:

"Our purpose is to govern competition in a fair, safe, equitable and sportsmanlike manner, and to integrate intercollegiate athletics into highly lucrative media products."

“Core Purpose: Our purpose is to govern competition in a manner, and to integrate intercollegiate athletics into that is paramount.”

Back