UNCHEAT

The NCAA is a pointless organization. Lets please quit pretending they have any control over anything.
Actually the NCAA does a great job serving its purpose, which is deflecting blame and anger that should be directed to universities (probably by withholding donations) to a meaningless front organization called the "NCAA".

Note how no one is mad at the actual universities. Without the NCAA, you would have people being pissed (and possibly withdrawing donations) that your college was playing games against UNC before the 5 year punishment they deserved was completed.

The NCAA provides such a nice punching bag instead.

Actually the NCAA does a great job serving its purpose, which is deflecting blame and anger that should be directed to universities (probably by withholding donations) to a meaningless front organization called the "NCAA".

Note how no one is mad at the actual universities. Without the NCAA, you would have people being pissed (and possibly withdrawing donations) that your college was playing games against UNC before the 5 year punishment they deserved was completed.

The NCAA provides such a nice punching bag instead.
No, we hate UNC too

SMH

So which is the more useless and should be abolished agency the NCAA or SACSCOC?
I agree with this 100%. If UNC is allowed to put up bullshit courses and have them count towards degrees for athletes, then they should have their accreditation revoked or suspended for the school as a whole. If the NCAA is as toothless as they're proclaiming, then get the responsible party involved in taking action.

Oh wait, nothing will happen. And the people who should feel the angriest are UNC grads because their school just wiped their asses with their degrees so that Roy Williams could win another title.

Yep. Let Alabama and the other top tier schools pay whatever the market bears. That kicker they stole from us would at least do it because he is doubling his pay.
Yeah because the NFL is filled with teams stealing players by offering more pay.

Oh wait, salary caps and salary bands mean that this isn't a problem at all.

No, we hate UNC too

Yeah, but you aren't pissed at GT (or the rest of the ACC) agreeing to play sports with UNC next year despite their cheating.

NCAA is a front that takes away culpability from the universities.

Yeah because the NFL is filled with teams stealing players by offering more pay.

Oh wait, salary caps and salary bands mean that this isn't a problem at all.
I never said there would be salary caps for the college game. Just let Alabama pay $60 million a year in player salaries while GT pays $150k. The Alabama folks wouldn't care one way or another.

I agree with this 100%. If UNC is allowed to put up bullshit courses and have them count towards degrees for athletes, then they should have their accreditation revoked or suspended for the school as a whole. If the NCAA is as toothless as they're proclaiming, then get the responsible party involved in taking action.

Oh wait, nothing will happen. And the people who should feel the angriest are UNC grads because their school just wiped their asses with their degrees so that Roy Williams could win another title.

Hey man, SACS put UNC on probation for a whole year. I'm told a strongly worded letter was also part of the deal.

I never said there would be salary caps for the college game. Just let Alabama pay $60 million a year in player salaries while GT pays $150k. The Alabama folks wouldn't care one way or another.

Yeah, paying the players isn't the magic bullet. The creation of a real minor league football system is, but no one has the appetite for that, least of all the NFL or most of the schools. It is what it is?

Yeah, paying the players isn't the magic bullet. The creation of a real minor league football system is, but no one has the appetite for that, least of all the NFL or most of the schools. It is what it is?
No classes. The athletes can attend, if they desire, otherwise they are there to get paid and for school branding

No one has the appetite yet, because there isn't a real market. The NCAA functions as that right now for both football and basketball. Once the kids have a real ability to make money, the whole system will collapse. And from the wreckage, maybe a real amateur association can be put together.

Yeah, but you aren't pissed at GT (or the rest of the ACC) agreeing to play sports with UNC next year despite their cheating.

NCAA is a front that takes away culpability from the universities.

Good point, let's petition all the other ACC schools to stop playing UNC. I'm sure the ACC front office won't have any issues with that at all motherööööingSwofford

I am still befuddled that they can investigate this FOR YEARS and decide they have "no finding" at the end of the investigation. Was the NCAA investigation team just wanting to live in Chapel Hill for a bit or something?

Yeah, apparently this has been going on for 7 years.

I could've gotten 4 degrees from UNC in that time.

What level of proof is required for the NCAA? If it is preponderance of the evidence, I have no idea how this alone wasn't enough to believe the fraud was constructed to benefit athletes.
It’s the difference between common law and civil law. The NCAA operates based on civil law, which has a history of corruption just like this because people can weave through loopholes to do terrible things.

87eb9c74-e21b-4863-8338-fcf029b0ffbb.gif

Couldn't the NCAA make a new "UNC Rule" that says "if X% of players in a sport take a class that is determined by (whoever can determine it) to be bogus, then the school is sanctioned"? Surely there is a way to fix this.

I get why they skated, but it seems just a failing to have solid rules to prohibit and punish what they did.

Couldn't the NCAA make a new "UNC Rule" that says "if X% of players in a sport take a class that is determined by (whoever can determine it) to be bogus, then the school is sanctioned"? Surely there is a way to fix this.

I get why they skated, but it seems just a failing to have solid rules to prohibit and punish what they did.
How about common sense? There was an intent to deceive.

UNC should be ashamed. I hope the entire country boos them everywhere they go from now on. And I hope Cavman hangs half a hundred on em tomorrow

Back