The Reggie Ball Years

Reggie was terrible. Sorry. The only reason he was even serviceable is because he happened to have the greatest WR in history to throw to.

If we had even average QB play during those years we would consistently win 9-10 games. People forgot how stacked with talent we were at other positions

We had a full complement of qbs who couldn’t outperform Reggie in any one of the 4 years he started. Chan never adjusted his O to fit Reggie and was unable to coach Reggie to execute his O.

Reggie was the motivational engine of those teams. Chan’s leadership style didn’t translate well from the pros to college.

Remember Patrick Nix called the plays. HE is the one who should have known it was 4th down.
Chan and Nix knew it was third down....When Nix was calling for a spike play they panned to the sideline and Chan was yelling at him that it was third down. I thought they would run that fake spike play where the QB looks to clock the ball and throws it high for Calvin to go get.

Buncha ööööing cucks on this board..."boo hoo I got my feelings hurt by some UGAg fans because Reggie was our QB when we lost 15-12 to UGAg.....whaaaa".

I swear there is a good 10% of our fans that I just cant stand. We had 22+ players on the damn field who could have helped us win those games and a coaching staff that was supposed to put the proper strategy in and not damn crack under pressure. I guaranööööingtee you Key, Weinke, and Faulkner would have coached the end of any of those games, probably win the 15-12 game, with Reggie at QB.

Chan and Nix knew it was third down....When Nix was calling for a spike play they panned to the sideline and Chan was yelling at him that it was third down. I thought they would run that fake spike play where the QB looks to clock the ball and throws it high for Calvin to go get.
You can clearly read Chan's lips "ON THIRD DOWN!?!?!"

You can clearly read Chan's lips "ON THIRD DOWN!?!?!"
I cannot recall exactly but didn't the down marker indicate it was third down? I thought that had something to do with it. Nix is still an idiot but just wanted to get my story straight.

I cannot recall exactly but didn't the down marker indicate it was third down? I thought that had something to do with it. Nix is still an idiot but just wanted to get my story straight.
Nix knew it was. It was Nix's job to keep his QB level.

I don't know why we just didn't call Reggie to the SL after the spike and get a good play in. Hell, take a 5 yard delay penalty if you have to. There would be no runoff and 5 yards, at that point, made no difference.

I don't understand sometimes why coaches call a timeout to save 5 yards sometimes. Key did it once or twice earlier this season punting from mid field. That 5 yards is nothing. We need that timeout later. The maturity and growth of Key as a head coach has been markedly obvious as the season carried on.

Yes, the down marker wasn’t flipped over until just before the ball was snapped.

Reggie was terrible. Sorry. The only reason he was even serviceable is because he happened to have the greatest WR in history to throw to.

If we had even average QB play during those years we would consistently win 9-10 games. People forgot how stacked with talent we were at other positions

He was playing well as a freshman (before Calvin got there). The biggest issue was that he essentially never got better and kept that freshman inconsistency throughout his whole career. How much of that is on him and how much is on the coaching staff is up for debate.

Also, I know he would lower his shoulder to get tough yards, unlike the player in your avatar.

We had a qb literally run out of bounds to “take the loss” because he was done playing and you guys want to continue to rag on Reggie for making a mistake in a game he was desperately trying to win. A mistake his coaches didn’t help him out with.
Reggie will always be one of my favorite GT players. He would have fought all UGAg players, coaches, equipment managers.

And I don't think he showed up at a UGAg game wearing UGAg gear to "support his friends" like another of our QB's did.

Nix knew it was. It was Nix's job to keep his QB level.

I don't know why we just didn't call Reggie to the SL after the spike and get a good play in. Hell, take a 5 yard delay penalty if you have to. There would be no runoff and 5 yards, at that point, made no difference.

I don't understand sometimes why coaches call a timeout to save 5 yards sometimes. Key did it once or twice earlier this season punting from mid field. That 5 yards is nothing. We need that timeout later. The maturity and growth of Key as a head coach has been markedly obvious as the season carried on.

Key blew it on a punt this year and again on a short field goal on 4th and 1. Better to line up and see if you can get them to jump. There is no difference between a 21 and a 26 yard fg attempt. And the TO may come in handy.

Calvin did have 186 receiving yards and 2 TDs in the bowl game Bennett started though. His career high with us, coincidentally.

One of those catches was in triple coverage, iirc. That isn’t a recipe for season long success.

And I don't think he showed up at a UGAg game wearing UGAg gear to "support his friends" like another of our QB's did.

This tale is growing. He was in fact at the SEC championship game. He was photographed with a woman who was wearing UGA gear (either believed or known to be the mother of a UGA player who he personally knew). He, himself, was not wearing gagger clothes.

This tale is growing. He was in fact at the SEC championship game. He was photographed with a woman who was wearing UGA gear (either believed or known to be the mother of a UGA player who he personally knew). He, himself, was not wearing gagger clothes.
Someone produce the pic. I swear he was in red.

Reggie was the QB for most of my college years. We had several classes together. i always liked him. We ran into each other out and about in Buckhead over the years while he was trying to catch on with the Lions. i remember him hobbling around the bar on crutches after blowing out his knee. I'll always have good memories of him.

Same. We were both there at Texh with him, Calvin, Phillip Wheeler, etc. those were the days.

Someone produce the pic. I swear he was in red.

This came up earlier this year too, and I spent some time looking for it with no success. I’d be interested to see it again as well. I have a mental picture, but not sure how it holds up. Pretty sure he was wearing a white shirt. There may have been something written on it (maybe even written in red), but I know it wasn’t UGA gear.

For the record, I don’t like it regardless, just worried eventually people are going to claim he was captured on video barking and singing their fight song.

Back