The Reggie Ball Years

Reggie and Chan were both doomed by how good the teams were during their peak years.

It looked like true national relevance was on the table but we could never quite get over the hump, and the ire for that (mostly correctly in my opinion) fell mainly on Reggie's inconsistency and offensive play calling/coaching.

It's hard to believe that stacked 2006 team ended up with five losses, including an absolutely shameful 9-6 loss in the ACCCG despite having the greatest receiver in football and solid NFL talent at RB.

Reggie and Chan were both doomed by how good the teams were during their peak years.

It looked like true national relevance was on the table but we could never quite get over the hump, and the ire for that (mostly correctly in my opinion) fell mainly on Reggie's inconsistency and offensive play calling/coaching.

It's hard to believe that stacked 2006 team ended up with five losses, including an absolutely shameful 9-6 loss in the ACCCG despite having the greatest receiver in football and solid NFL talent at RB.

The Clemson pasting on a Saturday night was the only outlier. That team easily could've finished 12-1. 4 losses by a combined 13 pts.

The Clemson pasting on a Saturday night was the only outlier. That team easily could've finished 12-1. 4 losses by a combined 13 pts.

I'll never forget that one. Slept in a car on campus the night before, got kicked out by a cop tapping on a window the next morning. Gameday was on campus that day, going to it was a real "holy crap" moment with the solid sea of orange.

And then the atmosphere at the game itself was really something else. Wish we had been at all competitive.

I believe if he had beaten uga at least once, there would be no way near as much flack against him. I know we put so much stock into that game, but there were at least three years where we should have won that game and sadly, he had a lot to do with that. Regardless, a heck of a competitor.

As far as being controversial, it might be a tie between him and Eddie McAshan, and I would say that McAshan was the more controversial, since he quit on the team.
Saved me a post. Reggie was nowhere near as controversial. And why would anyone even consider putting Ball and Sims in the same sentence. Sims is literally the worst QB I have ever seen take a snap for GT. Well, maybe 1/4" better than that guy - what was his name... Booker?

Reggie was the QB for most of my college years. We had several classes together. i always liked him. We ran into each other out and about in Buckhead over the years while he was trying to catch on with the Lions. i remember him hobbling around the bar on crutches after blowing out his knee. I'll always have good memories of him.

Two words easily answer the issue - Pat Nix

I've seen some disgusting losses and I was at this game and it was truly disgusting. We had a chance to win ACC, we had a chance to bury an ugly UGA game that ref gave to UGA 15-12, and we were playing the Wake weakilings. To miss bombs left and right when Choice was getting good yardage was disgusting. I guess it wasn't as bad as the 100-0 debacle of clown or 73-7 but it was very disappointing. The play calling OMG

Back