Tech Fans and Players Fed Up With Miserable Agreement With Russell

Yes, I've seen that before. And I'm pretty sure I asked for someone to provide proof that we lost a recruit because we don't wear Nike.

That's a bullshit excuse. Does Bama lose players because they don't wear cool uniforms? Does Oregon dominate college football every year? Did Maryland have some pretty unusual looking uniforms at one point under UA?
The argument isn't that uniforms alone are losing recruits, the point is that branding is hurt by our contract with Russell.

You don't care about uniforms. Great. Let us discuss this and be happy about cutting Russell loose and you can go back to stalking the lone mom on this forum.

I would say at this point that if the OP wanted to post a recently article, he should've posted the Joey Weaver article here:

http://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/20...when-ends-comes-next-nike-adidas-under-armour

I'm not the biggest fan of this guy, but this article is well written, and not all that whiny. I also seem to remember an article that listed the total compensation that different schools were getting for uniforms and apparel. I believe that we were aligned pretty much where you would expect given our typical rankings.

The fact is that it is a 2-way street, and the apparel maker wants a return on their investment.

The argument isn't that uniforms alone are losing recruits, the point is that branding is hurt by our contract with Russell.

You don't care about uniforms. Great. Let us discuss this and be happy about cutting Russell loose and you can go back to stalking the lone mom on this forum.

I'm not stalking anyone's mom on here. Yours keeps me plenty busy.

The issue here is that the link in the OP makes several unverified claims. That öööö is more damaging than wearing a Russell polo any day of the week.

Big cry all you want. You're the salty water who's douching up this uniform thread.

I support the team negotiating a contract with the apparel company that will pay us the most money / give us the most value. Aside from that, I really couldn't care less about what the uniforms look like. That's for the players more than a bunch of whiny old white men that never played a down of football in their lives. No one that has actually played the game is here whining about the uniforms.

I hate to disagree with you, pal, but there have been football players here express displeasure with Russell and the uniforms.

Purdue is Nike. Southern Miss is the only other Russell school. Yes the other brands make GT apparel, but most folks are referring to team and sideline apparel.

This is what other schools have that we don't by being a Russell Athletic affiliate.

http://shop.georgiadogs.com/COLLEGE_Georgia_Bulldogs_Everything_Nike/partnerid/13616

http://m.garnetandblacktraditions.com/University-of-South-Carolina-Gamecock-Under-Armour/750/dept

Not only is this better quality merchandise but this give fans the uniformity in color we so desperately need

#FreeKG01

#BringBackDiseqc

Last edited:
I would say at this point that if the OP wanted to post a recently article, he should've posted the Joey Weaver article here
Despite the fact that you're doing this in my thread, I wasn't going to say anything until this. Your troll game is weak as öööö. If you want to bag me in these little butthurt excursions of yours, you'll have to do a lot better than this. Neck yourself.

Even talk that we might be out of the contract before then. Don't know if that's true.
Curious where you heard this. The contract is up July 1, 2018 so I'm wondering if that means the football team next year will be the first uniforms we see from the new outfitter. I'd say that if Russell knew we weren't going to renew then that might explain why they mailed it in on providing the full range of uniforms last season but that still wouldn't explain why they've done so in previous years. They really are a joke and I'm glad we'll be rid of them.

I don't know what the "brand" of Georgia Tech represents in uniform style, but it sure ain't Russell. I think most everyone is ready to move on. It is the worst uniform deal in the history of uniform deals.

I don't know what the "brand" of Georgia Tech represents in uniform style, but it sure ain't Russell. I think most everyone is ready to move on. It is the worst uniform deal in the history of uniform deals.
This is one of the things that has been so obnoxious. Russell has been incredibly inconsistent with our look and the AA has apparently never held them accountable for it. It doesn't make sense to debut new uniforms one season, then scrap them the next and send our players out in something else until we play a game where we need a darker jersey, at which point the old-new uniforms are brought back out because Russell didn't provide us with any. I can't imagine what the excuse for that was. It's embarrassing, really.

I'm ööööin torn as hell on this öööö, because we're about to win a national championship game, and then everyone will love whatever the hell we were wearing for the rest of time. By 2025 pictures of Kirvonte Benson, our leading rusher in 2017, causing two Russel branded concussions in the end zone against Clemson in the CFP Championship Game, will be in every uniform thread in the same post with that one of Calvin.

We're ööööed. DON'T YOU PEOPLE SEE IT

The real proof of this is that the best jerseys they've made are the throwbacks. Everything else is either rubbish, totally irredeemable rubbish or totally forgettable.

Wow the uniform whining made the front page on Reddit.

I'm not really much into uniforms but even I had to look the other way when we rolled out the chicken-wire, er, I mean, honeycomb helmets.

I don't know if that was Russell's doing or not but guilt by association is still guilt.

This is one of the things that has been so obnoxious. Russell has been incredibly inconsistent with our look and the AA has apparently never held them accountable for it. It doesn't make sense to debut new uniforms one season, then scrap them the next and send our players out in something else until we play a game where we need a darker jersey, at which point the old-new uniforms are brought back out because Russell didn't provide us with any. I can't imagine what the excuse for that was. It's embarrassing, really.

The real proof of this is that the best jerseys they've made are the throwbacks. Everything else is either rubbish, totally irredeemable rubbish or totally forgettable.

Yep, totally agree. I am okay with throwback (I personally love the look n' feel of uniforms like Bama and Penn State) and I am okay with bright and flashy (who knows what we will spin up next). Either way I am glad to see Russell go.

I never expected to see anything whinier than uniform threads, but somehow coit's reaction to uniform whining is whinier than the uniform whining itself.

Mission accomplished!

Wish we would choose Nike instead of UA.

Nike is like the 3rd most recognizable brand in the entire world. I know Standbury does have some connection with UA though...so I'm guessing that's where we're headed.

Either choice is obviously better than Russell...I just hope we don't get on the hook for a 10+ year contract. Would prefer to see a shorter term deal to make sure we are taken care of properly.

I doubt UA is even in serious consideration. That company is not in a position right now to be throwing money around at programs like ours. I'd be fine with Adidas or Nike... but with UGA being Nike, I bet we end up Adidas.

I'd prefer Nike. When they aren't doing full-on stupid, they've put out some of my favorite uniforms.

I think the one thing that might be a stumbling block is that the look we'd most likely go with is the same look we've have for years. It would be the current throwbacks. Not sure if Nike would be too excited to do the same ol same ol for us.

Back