Tech Fans and Players Fed Up With Miserable Agreement With Russell

I prefer Nike or Adidas. UA is going the way of Kmart.

My shortlist includes Champion, Fila, and Starter. Or maybe we can get in on the China wave, and rock some 361°

Reebok needs to be on this.

Edit: Reebok is part of Adidas Group along with Taylor Made. So they on this.

IMG_6976-364x205.jpg

Well if @clapper's intel is accurate, maybe Russell would like to end the contract now and save themselves $2.5 million or so?
That's not going to happen. The new AD thinks it's important that GT defines their branding first, which is the stage we're in now, before initiating any talks with new apparel and equipment partners. He wants a more standardized, refined message that will elevate and enhance (his words) the GT brand. He also wants the new manufacturer to be interested in actively participating with promotion and design.

This is why it's important for our apparel provider to also serve as a marketing advisor. It would correct a lot of the BS of which we complain. AA people are numbers people. They are not marketing people or style people.
I think you're looking at the ADs and AA of the past. The new one has already met with two former student athletes, Jamie Weston (volleyball), the NFL's Senior VP of Marketing, and his former teammate, Sam Bracken, a past executive at Franklin Covey. He had them in for consultations to review and assess the way forward in improving our marketing strategies and branding.

I think you're looking at the ADs and AA of the past. The new one has already met with two former student athletes, Jamie Weston (volleyball), the NFL's Senior VP of Marketing, and his former teammate, Sam Bracken, a past executive at Franklin Covey. He had them in for consultations to review and assess the way forward in improving our marketing strategies and branding.

I'm glad to hear this. I think you'd agree, however, that this aspect has been absent from our AA until just very recently. That's why Russell being our apparel partner was an even bigger deal - we did not have it and Russell did not provide it.

I'm glad to hear this. I think you'd agree, however, that this aspect has been absent from our AA until just very recently. That's why Russell being our apparel partner was an even bigger deal - we did not have it and Russell did not provide it.
Yes, definitely. DRad had no priority for marketing. He even embraced doing things that he thought were right (Tech Fund, facilities upgrades) without considering the consequences of not selling it well (or the financial impact it would have). He didn't really care who was pissed if he believed in it. Bobinski was strictly dollars and cents (not sense). He was pushing hard to find an out in the Russell contract in order to get a sweeter financial deal in place quickly for the sake of the money. I have no idea what was driving Braine.

It'd be funny if we renewed with Russell. Clearly not going to happen though

There's always next year. Timing would be perfect with it being in the negotiating period.
I would think we would know before the end of this football season, wouldn't we?

Back