Tech Fans and Players Fed Up With Miserable Agreement With Russell

GTTerrific

Dodd-Like
Russell is getting out of the uniform business regardless. Even talk that we might be out of the contract before then. Don't know if that's true.

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
That has got to be the dumbest article I've ever seen.

Most non-whiny alumni and fans don't give a öööö about the uniforms.
I would make a cumulative pie chart to show our non-whiny alumni and fans since 1892 but I don't think they'd make up more than .2%. And it doesn't include you either.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Amazing one of the richest men in the world can't/won't/doesn't care to market his brand.

Allen Koholic

Likes dick drawings.
That has got to be the dumbest article I've ever seen.

Most non-whiny alumni and fans don't give a öööö about the uniforms.
I was actually ready to jump on for this, but about half way through, that article does go full retard. I don't want my school to look like some jackoffs in Blacksburg.

As for fans not caring, you can break it down like this - you either don't care about the uniforms or you don't like Russell. Period. There's almost zero support for Russell, and the lone exceptions to their parade of nonsense are throwback jerseys.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
There's almost zero support for Russell, and the lone exceptions to their parade of nonsense are throwback jerseys.
I support the team negotiating a contract with the apparel company that will pay us the most money / give us the most value. Aside from that, I really couldn't care less about what the uniforms look like. That's for the players more than a bunch of whiny old white men that never played a down of football in their lives. No one that has actually played the game is here whining about the uniforms.

GT3000

Damn Good Rat
I support the team negotiating a contract with the apparel company that will pay us the most money / give us the most value. Aside from that, I really couldn't care less about what the uniforms look like. That's for the players more than a bunch of whiny old white men that never played a down of football in their lives. No one that has actually played the game is here whining about the uniforms.
This is both explicitly racist (ha!) and false.

You are bad at making blanket statements that possess any shred of veracity.

coit

This is both explicitly racist (ha!) and false.

You are bad at making blanket statements that possess any shred of veracity.
Are you a non-white man who has played football and is whining about the uniforms? In fact, I've not seen a single football player complain about the uniforms. In fact, I've seen them go out of their way to say they like their uniform choices.

If you want "facts" then the fact is that a lot of the whiners here don't want innovation in uniforms, they want to be Bama or Penn St and wear the exact same thing every week for some reason.

GT3000

Damn Good Rat
Are you a non-white man who has played football and is whining about the uniforms? In fact, I've not seen a single football player complain about the uniforms. In fact, I've seen them go out of their way to say they like their uniform choices.

If you want "facts" then the fact is that a lot of the whiners here don't want innovation in uniforms, they want to be Bama or Penn St and wear the exact same thing every week for some reason.
I may in fact be half black. I have played football.

Some of our uniforms are öööö!!!

Awaiting your retort.

coit

I may in fact be half black. I have played football.

Some of our uniforms are öööö!!!

Awaiting your retort.
I stand corrected.

But to attempt to bring the discussion back to the article, the dude posed the question "Why is GT still with this crappy apparel company?" And the answer would be "Because we have a contract with them that we negotiated, and feel obliged to honor." I'm quite certain that we did not take a lesser deal from them than was offered from the others out of loyalty or anything else. Just dollars and cents.

And when the time comes to renegotiate, perhaps we will get better offers from the big 3. Or perhaps we will stick with Russell.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ

Back when I had classes and was friends with a few players (02-04 timeframe) they hated Russell stuff. It wasn't the uniforms so much as the swag they got for being athletes that they really hated (sweats and t shirts and stuff like that).

As for me, I hate Russell because they seem incapable of making decent fan wear. Their fan wear looks like crap.

The uniforms have been decent to good the past year or so. I'll never forgive them for the bubble wrap though. That should have been grounds for the contract to end.

Allen Koholic

Likes dick drawings.
Read this: http://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/20...rts-russell-athletic-under-armour-nike-adidas

Again, no one may be whining about them, but certainly no one is defending them either. If you really don't give a öööö about the uniforms, why are you posting in a thread about uniforms? I wouldn't interrupt one of your "Which one of the Golden Girls would you bang?" threads or jump into yet another of the ST Mom circle jerks.

coit

As for me, I hate Russell because they seem incapable of making decent fan wear. Their fan wear looks like crap.
Yeah, the options we have for shirts are pretty limited, although we do have sources other than Russell.

coit

Read this: http://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/20...rts-russell-athletic-under-armour-nike-adidas

Again, no one may be whining about them, but certainly no one is defending them either. If you really don't give a öööö about the uniforms, why are you posting in a thread about uniforms? I wouldn't interrupt one of your "Which one of the Golden Girls would you bang?" threads or jump into yet another of the ST Mom circle jerks.

Yes, I've seen that before. And I'm pretty sure I asked for someone to provide proof that we lost a recruit because we don't wear Nike.

That's a bullshit excuse. Does Bama lose players because they don't wear cool uniforms? Does Oregon dominate college football every year? Did Maryland have some pretty unusual looking uniforms at one point under UA?

coit

A few years ago the "sideline polos" looked like something Pablo Escobar would have worn in 1989.
My typical gameday shirt is some weird looking off-brand logo shirt that is at least close to the correct shade of gold. When I find something better I'm buying it but I haven't seen anything.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
Yes, I've seen that before. And I'm pretty sure I asked for someone to provide proof that we lost a recruit because we don't wear Nike.

That's a bullshit excuse. Does Bama lose players because they don't wear cool uniforms? Does Oregon dominate college football every year?
Both Bama and Oregon have a brand they recruit to. For Bama part of that brand is their tradition and pedigree. For Oregon it's different. But their uniforms are part of their branding for recruiting.

For us with Russell, it's not something we can spin as a positive either way.