Official GT Head Coach News Thread

Where did this crop of utter assholes come from, anyway? If you’re a big enough asshole to stick out on this board, that’s quite an accomplishment (and not in a good way) and we’ve had like 5 of them show up in the last year.

JRjr
I didn't block anyone for a decade and now block a number of people. Life is better.

What, on your reaction to making the playoffs?
Do you want to wager Key will take Tech to the playoffs in 2-3 yesrs? I pulled a crap ton of money out of ftx a few weeks ago…man that was some close timing. I’m ready to gamble it again though lol.

Do you want to wager Key will take Tech to the playoffs in 2-3 yesrs? I pulled a crap ton of money out of ftx a few weeks ago…man that was some close timing. I’m ready to gamble it again though lol.
No way with that kinda luck you’re having. I’d jinx Key for certain.

And I’m not saying a playoff point will happen, simply that it’s just as likely to happen as Key’s ceiling being .500.

No way with that kinda luck you’re having. I’d jinx Key for certain.

And I’m not saying a playoff point will happen, simply that it’s just as likely to happen as Key’s ceiling being .500.
Devil’s advocate and giving the devil his due; I didn’t think he was capable of guiding Tech to wins over Pitt or UNC.

On Willie Fritz, Josh Pate threw it out on his show last night that the sticking point between he and Tech wasn't money or contracts so much as it was Tech's unwillingness to wait until after the AAC Championship game for Fritz. I don't know how true that is, but it's interesting that we were so eager to make a quick move and perhaps we were willing to make a bigger financial move than otherwise thought.
On that, I saw a clip of the Colorado AD, he was asked about coming up with the money to pay Deion to which he replied something to the effect of, "we don't have it now, but we will." Which dang is a crazy way to run an athletic department.

On Willie Fritz, Josh Pate threw it out on his show last night that the sticking point between he and Tech wasn't money or contracts so much as it was Tech's unwillingness to wait until after the AAC Championship game for Fritz. I don't know how true that is, but it's interesting that we were so eager to make a quick move and perhaps we were willing to make a bigger financial move than otherwise thought.
On that, I saw a clip of the Colorado AD, he was asked about coming up with the money to pay Deion to which he replied something to the effect of, "we don't have it now, but we will." Which dang is a crazy way to run an athletic department.

Who the hell is Josh Pate?

There was no deal with Fritz. Key was the guy all along. Other interviews just to follow process. That should be quite clear to everyone at this point.

Back