Jerry Howard

And here's a graphic (buy good natured)
fridge.jpg
example ...

And here's a graphic (buy good natured)
fridge.jpg
example ...
One of my co workers went to The University of Maryland and played some rugby there (he is in his mid 60's). He said Ralph came out a time or two to engage in some rugby. Said he was one of the roughest, most violent rugby players he had played against. Said Ralph could loosen teeth with his hits.

One of my co workers went to The University of Maryland and played some rugby there (he is in his mid 60's). He said Ralph came out a time or two to engage in some rugby. Said he was one of the roughest, most violent rugby players he had played against. Said Ralph could loosen teeth with his hits.

He probably snuck up on players with that camo hat.

I don't recall anything GT did that would constitute not treating Fridge right. He was always one of our favorite coaches

that and GT offered him the HC job while he was at Maryland. He turned it down and publicly said in hindsight that was a mistake and wished he took it.

I don't ever recall any rumors or stories about GT not treating Ralph right/good etc.

heck even after he took the hc job at MD in 2000, they left his name on his office through the bowl game....BOB didn't want to take his office.

Never stood close enough to Fridge to appreciate the sheer mass of humanity that he is, but I have been within striking distance of Charlie Weiss. That man made the floor shake in the visiting locker room (2006).

Never stood close enough to Fridge to appreciate the sheer mass of humanity that he is, but I have been within striking distance of Charlie Weiss. That man made the floor shake in the visiting locker room (2006).
He had a decided strategic advantage over the floor

Disagree here, but that's part of forums reason for existence. Do you have personal knowledge of Ralph's decision you will share with us? Or me in a pm?
My info is one (reliable) step removed from the source.

Wished we had gotten CRF instead of Gailey. We would have won a game or two more.

Back