Jeff Sims

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn’t quit mid game, so that’s a positive for him. Nebraska lost because he threw an INT in the final minute, so that’s par for the course for him.

So much talent wasted…

The two end of half INTs were typical of him staring down his receivers.

His problems are fixable if he will listen to his coaches.

That being said I’m glad he’s not here. It takes a lot of commitment to succeed at this level and he doesn’t seem to have that. He should have dropped to FCS and been the big man on campus to close out his career.

Really thought he could improve with better coaching. Clearly I was wrong.
It’s only one game… Nebraska was 7.5 dogs. Sims can still be a good player for them.

This thread is overly petty. I’m not upset Sims isn’t on the team and don’t like how he quit midseason, but it was best for everyone he find somewhere new to play.

Geoff Collins was all in on this guy, the story of the Collins Era.... Waffle House and recruiting over rated players that the Collins couldn't develop (except for the Gibbs Kid who Choice recruited)
Collins is the real villain in this story. Promised Sims he wouldn’t bring in a transfer QB for competition because Sims was going to transfer before last year.

Collins is the real villain in this story. Promised Sims he wouldn’t bring in a transfer QB for competition because Sims was going to transfer before last year.
I always thought Rhule was a decent college coach but I'm starting to seriously question his aptitude if he's still taking GC's advice on things.

I always thought Rhule was a decent college coach but I'm starting to seriously question his aptitude if he's still taking GC's advice on things.

Hard to pass on Sims if you are a decent coach. He is an outstanding runner. He has nice touch on short and intermediate passes. He under throws the deep ball, so his ability to stretch the field vertically isn’t great.

If Sims can stop staring at his receivers and gain some pocket presence, he would be an excellent QB.

It’s only one game… Nebraska was 7.5 dogs. Sims can still be a good player for them.

Sure, he can. I said that so many times while he was here too.

But now, in a new situation, new coaching, fresh start, seeing him make the exact same game-killing mistakes he made consistently at GT...I wouldn't be holding my breath. If another full offseason didn't fix the problem, I'm skeptical that another week or two in-season will.

[/ Sims is the one who quit on the team during the middle of the season not Collins. That makes Sims the real villain.

The guy never scored more than 17 points for us while playing here.

UCF being the lone exception. Betting the UNDER in last night’s game was the lock of the century.

The fact that he opened the door for the Gibson redemption arc is something else. I’ve moved on from the era he is mostly associated with. I wish him no ill will but won’t be following him.

In the long run, Key’s handling of the situation gave me more confidence in him as the future leader of the team. Onward and upward.

Didn’t wish him bad luck but soooooooo glad we won’t be watching him today, regardless of the outcome. I couldn’t survive another of his INT’s.
He is reliably adept at turnovers including in critical situations. Maybe he can be a DB at the next level but he's no QB. Wish him well but his playing days are numbered.

King has a similar 2022 TD / int ratio and a similar QB rating overall.. hoping for the best still
This is what concerns me.

That and the fact that Key has stated so emphatically that King is the starter and the #1 QB. Seems a bit unnecessary, especially if King looks anything like Sims did last night. God forbid.

QB's that make a lot of mental mistakes like throwing INT's often don't improve. But this staff with Weinke and Faulkner you would expect can turn it around if it's possible.

Sure, he can. I said that so many times while he was here too.

But now, in a new situation, new coaching, fresh start, seeing him make the exact same game-killing mistakes he made consistently at GT...I wouldn't be holding my breath. If another full offseason didn't fix the problem, I'm skeptical that another week or two in-season will.
i mentioned this last night but Minnesota had a Top 4 scoring defense in 2022. slightly better than UGAg.

will be interesting to see what he does against other defenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back