Jeff Sims

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are probably a dozen or so FCS schools that could take a shot at bringing him in. At that level, he can out athlete a lot of players.

It is really disappointing that he quit on us like that during a game. That was his shot to right his ship, not Nebraska. Come in and play well, win back the starting spot, work hard with Weinke and maybe he's a better QB today.

Of course, I am glad it DIDN'T happen because Haynes King is the ööööing man.

There are probably a dozen or so FCS schools that could take a shot at bringing him in. At that level, he can out athlete a lot of players.
I don't think so. Its never been about his athletic ability. Just because your body can play football doesn't mean your mind can. He needs to do the college football world a favor and get the hell out of it.

I think we've pretty much gone thru the 7 stages of grief in this thread and its days are numbered so if anybody else has anything else to eject from their bile duct about this kid, make it quick.

I don't think so. Its never been about his athletic ability. Just because your body can play football doesn't mean your mind can. He needs to do the college football world a favor and get the hell out of it.

I think we've pretty much gone thru the 7 stages of grief in this thread and its days are numbered so if anybody else has anything else to eject from their bile duct about this kid, make it quick.
Lesser competition may be just what he needs.

If I was a lower rung FBS school I would probably still take a flyer on him. Make it clear that he has to compete for the job and may not win it, but he has so much natural talent that I'd want to try to coach him up again.

That said, I'm not sure he'd want to go to a place where he'd have to earn the right to even play a down. Like you said, he can probably go to an FCS school and have a much better shot at being a successful starter.

If I was a lower rung FBS school I would probably still take a flyer on him. Make it clear that he has to compete for the job and may not win it, but he has so much natural talent that I'd want to try to coach him up again.

That said, I'm not sure he'd want to go to a place where he'd have to earn the right to even play a down. Like you said, he can probably go to an FCS school and have a much better shot at being a successful starter.
He could head out west to San Diego State or somewhere like that. Warm weather, at least.

We would run out of things to talk about. Maybe Deion will bring him in so we could combine the two threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back