I fully expect for us to beat the HELL out of Wake Forest

Nothing in this article about preparing to defend the Tech offense.
I don't think *any* of our opponents in the CPJ era have ever done nothing special before playing us. I can imagine this is very distressing to the Wake beat writer who had to throw out his pre-written column on game prep. It is also either going to be the blueprint or it's going to be a beatdown of Kansas / Syracuse proportions.

CPJ is 13-1 against atlantic teams not named clemson in the regular season.
Wow. I had completely missed that. I like to think that we are one or maybe two great players away from something really special. Kind of like Cremins could never get that dominating center though I count the Cremins years as special years. Or maybe just a run of good luck where every ball bounces our way for a couple of years.

Looking over some of WF's games, it appears they are probably not as dangerous as advertised. The game against BC was basically even by stats, but BC had 4 turnovers, including a fumble on their own 26 that led to a WF TD and a pick 6. Against App State, Wake was dominated statistically, and needed a blocked 32 yd field goal with 5 seconds left to avoid the loss. Against Clemson they were down 28-0 in the fourth quarter and scored twice in the last several minutes, so they might have been facing backups in addition to Bryant being out. If we just play as well as BC or App St but without a lot of mistakes, we should win. If we play well, we could run away with it.

I too suspect it's close for a half and GT picks up steam in the second half. This is a snark-free post to wish you guys good luck with the game. I tend to think this one's pretty important for establishing the tone of the second half of the season, and I think it will be a good second half for GT. At least that's my reading of this year's team.

If Tech is healthy (Miami game was a bruiser) and has its head in the game. Tech wins by 10 or so. But Wake is semi-dangerous. Wake's DC, named Sawvel, did a great job with Minnesota's defense, of all places, last year. Just not sure he has a lot of experience facing option teams. Their BYE is a big deal, but again--Tech's game if they bring the focus out of a pretty heartbreaking loss.
I don't like you. I just want the official StinGTalk record to show that I think you deserve the eternity in hell you have coming to you

Thanks, man. I don't deserve your kindness, and I really mean that. I don't deserve it.

It's funny to me how many people say Thai Kwon like Taekwondo. There's no letter in there to suggest there should be an "eye" sound. TaQuon

Tay Kwon, OK
Tah Kwon, correct
Thai Kwon, wut??

Some weird neural connection to "Taekwondo" I guess.

It's funny to me how many people say Thai Kwon like Taekwondo. There's no letter in there to suggest there should be an "eye" sound. TaQuon

Tay Kwon, OK
Tah Kwon, correct
Thai Kwon, wut??

Some weird neural connection to "Taekwondo" I guess.

In fairness, the pronunciation guide for TM gives a different pronunciation this year compared to last year. It was tay-quan, but now it's ta-QUAN. Neither has an "eye" sound, but it's hard to blame announcers when even the Tech media guide people aren't sure.

Back