I fully expect for us to beat the HELL out of Wake Forest

Two absolute direct hits to the nuts with the 1 point losses but we got to suck it up and move on. Still a ton to play for and I fully believe in this team. One week at a time starting with Wake. Remember we were what 3-3 last year and then 5-4 after UNC absolutely hammered us by 28. We got our öööö together and took down VT and reeled off 4 straight including the mutts. A new winning streak starts Saturday. I expect nothing less

If Tech is healthy (Miami game was a bruiser) and has its head in the game. Tech wins by 10 or so. But Wake is semi-dangerous. Wake's DC, named Sawvel, did a great job with Minnesota's defense, of all places, last year. Just not sure he has a lot of experience facing option teams. Their BYE is a big deal, but again--Tech's game if they bring the focus out of a pretty heartbreaking loss.

It's ööööing Weak Forest. We should win by at least 3 TDs. Talk about a place that's hard to recruit for - Weak Forest is a football mausoleum fercrissakes.

If we're worried about Weak Forest, that says more about us than it does about them. Man up, buttercups.

Last edited:
It's ööööing Weak Forest. We should win by at least 3 TDs. Talk about a place that's hard to recruit for - Weak Forest is a football mausoleum fercrissakes.

If we're worried about Weak Forest, that says more about is than it does about them. Man up, buttercups.
That's what I said in Jacksonville. Pat Nix ööööing sux.

The three games we can't lose are WFU, Duke and UVA. We should win them all, yet none of the three will be easy. Win these three and we have a winning season and bowl game to look forward to. And, with each additional victory against Clemson, Virginia Tech and/or UGA the season gets better and better.

The three games we can't lose are WFU, Duke and UVA. We should win them all, yet none of the three will be easy. Win these three and we have a winning season and bowl game to look forward to. And, with each additional victory against Clemson, Virginia Tech and/or UGA the season gets better and better.
As much as I still hope our guys respond well this week, the more I read today about Wake Forest, the more uneasy I feel about it. Their offense has not been great, but their defense has played really well - kept them in the App State game, which they won, and the FSU and Clemson games which they did not. Wake will be fired up, they know they competed with the athletes at Florida State and Clemson so they know they can hang with us. Plus, a night game is more rare for them than it is for us, away game or no. Special teams is not as much of a source of pain for them as it is for us either.

Assuming/praying our defense keeps doing what they're doing, and Ted Roof hasn't already forgotten the lessons we learned about bubble screens, this should not be any kind of shootout. But we've got to get them some points, the offense has to do better this week, plain and simple. If they do, and we can beat them in a fashion similar to North Carolina. But if we start relying on our kicker for points, we're going to be in trouble whether he makes his kicks or not.

The game against Wake Forest screams trap game. Hopefully they get their starters back healthy for this one, because after the disappointment of the Miami game and with Clemson looming, there's a natural tendency for young players to overlook the fact that this should be a tougher game than most would've thought when they looked at the schedule to start the year.

PJ seems to be talking up Wake a lot this week.
But they barely beat App (who got trounced by the Mutts). They've beaten bad to mediocre teams, gotten beat by better competition.
Frankly, I'm not that worried.

I don't think I have ever feared playing Wake.....same as Vanderbilt.

However, I recall the time when daddy would always set the alarm for 4:43 am and require that I milk the goats daily. He made a point of giving me Wednesday off to reflect on the week. Over time we had an abundance of goat milk accumulated. It really wasn't that bad and allowed me to appreciate structure.

I think we will beat Wake, but in no way do I think it will be easy. Ask Clemson and FSU how easy it is to beat them.

A995CF27-1DE2-48A8-ADE6-6207ACE5CF5F.jpeg

After 2006 I’ll never take Wake lately.

Forget putting the Miami game behind us... I’m still putting that gray and miserable day in Jax behind me.

Kinda like the 1991 Kickoff Classic and many other disappointments in life.

Back