He is in until 2022...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last 2 years have been bad.
Remember GSUs first year in FBS when GSU was leading GT until the final seconds? GT 42 - GSU 38
In 2016, under a new HC our team sucked but the score was still GT 35 - GSU 24

Yet you still beat your chest?

Congratulations for losing?

You're right, a loss is a loss, but you have nothing to be proud of.

I want GT to win as many as they can. You on the other hand give no credit to a team that moved from 1aa to fbs & in its first year played GT & NC STATE
to the wire.

Carry on - PLEASE DO!

I want GT to win as many as they can. You on the other hand give no credit to a team that moved from 1aa to fbs & in its first year played GT & NC STATE
to the wire.

Carry on - PLEASE DO!

So we beat you on the field, we beat you in every metric I can find to describe what happens off the field, we beat the hell out of you if you want to compare histories, budgets, recruiting, stadiums, facilities, or any other program aspect or intangible, and yet we have nothing to be proud of.

k

So we beat you on the field, we beat you in every metric I can find to describe what happens off the field, we beat the hell out of you if you want to compare histories, budgets, recruiting, stadiums, facilities, or any other program aspect or intangible, and yet we have nothing to be proud of.

k

I'm only talking about the 2 football games we played in 2014 & 16.
You can tell me about the rest. Why don't you start with history. Now you will have to look up our 1aa past as GSC but go ahead.

to the wire.

Carry on - PLEASE DO!

I said congratulations. You almost won a football game.

I'm only talking about the 2 football games we played in 2014 & 16.
You can tell me about the rest.

Y'all played some good games against us in those years. Hell, that 2014 team was pretty good by FBS standards, and not just Sun Belt ones. But let's not get silly with the "nothing to be proud about" thing when we're comparing teams, even if we restrict it to just those two years. We beat you and Georgia in both years, and won an Orange Bowl in there, too. You've got credit where credit's due, but you ain't due any credit at all for coming close to that.

Please note the main reason I post here is to refute the get rid of PJ and the Spread Option fans & your program will take off.
GTs football problems go deeper than PJ .

Y'all played some good games against us in those years. Hell, that 2014 team was pretty good by FBS standards, and not just Sun Belt ones. But let's not get silly with the "nothing to be proud about" thing when we're comparing teams, even if we restrict it to just those two years. We beat you and Georgia in both years, and won an Orange Bowl in there, too. You've got credit where credit's due, but you ain't due any credit at all for coming close to that.

You deserve those wins!

Noted & congrats. So are you an anti PJ spread option fan?

Please note the main reason I post here is to refute the get rid of PJ and the Spread Option fans & your program will take off.

And yet, GT's football problems are also as shallow as the bounce of a ball. A pitch beats Tennessee, a bat-down beats Miami, a single stop beats UVA, and we're looking at 8-5 or 9-4 and not talking seriously about any of this.

None of these things happened, obviously, and we could have made our program better in other ways to avoid needing to think about the what-ifs, but despite the "depth" of our problems, we're not really in it that deep.

If your goal really is to convince us not to get rid of CPJ, your tact shouldn't involve calling out problems. Nobody cares to hear about their team's problems from the fan of a school down the road, and you're just going to find yourself at the bottom of a pile again and again every time you bring it up.

But if that's what you want, by all means, pile away. I'm having fun.

You deserve those wins!

I'm a big fan of the option, but I don't see CPJ as indispensable to the implementation of it, even at Tech. I think he's accomplished great things here, and I think he certainly has the football chops to accomplish even greater things if he's got the will to do it. I also don't think he's the only person who has those chops.

I'm not very invested in him remaining, and I'm not very invested in him going. I just give my support to my team and enjoy what I can. Paul Johnson is a helluva guy IMO, but still, he's just a guy.

And yet, GT's football problems are also as shallow as the bounce of a ball. A pitch beats Tennessee, a bat-down beats Miami, a single stop beats UVA, and we're looking at 8-5 or 9-4 and not talking seriously about any of this.

None of these things happened, obviously, and we could have made our program better in other ways to avoid needing to think about the what-ifs, but despite the "depth" of our problems, we're not really in it that deep.

If yougoal really is to convince us not to get rid of CPJ, your tact shouldn't involve calling out problems. Nobody cares to hear about their team's problems from the fan of a school down the road, and you're just going to find yourself at the bottom of a pile again and again every time you bring it up.

But if that's what you want, by all means, pile away. I'm having fun.

If you say you're not really in that deep than you know better than I. You're a GT man and I just a lowly GSU sunbelt guy.

Are you saying that PJs offensive system is sound & you need a QB to run it or do you want to give up on it?

As far as you "D' goes, do you think you lost many games based on the "O" or does the "O" carry all the weight?

You deserve those wins!

GASO is my second team. My daughter was featured twirler there and I spent many an afternoon watching football at Paulson.

Yes, we need an idiot Southern fan to tell us all about it.

GASO is my second team. My daughter was featured twirler there and I spent many an afternoon watching football at Paulson.

Thank you, but we now run the Pistol Option under a new HC.
I prefer PJs Spread Option. Lets see how it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back