He is in until 2022...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come up with fresh material dude. Your troll game is getting repetitive and banal.

284ru9.jpg

It's not a super long contract (5 years), but some might still ask why? The answers are more obvious than you might think ...

Only the legendary Bobby Dodd won more games in his first 10 seasons on The Flats (82) than Johnson's 75. Johnson's 75 victories rank fourth in Georgia Tech history overall, behind only Dodd (165 - 1945-66), William Alexander (134 - 1920-44) and John Heisman (102 - 1904-19) - all members of the College Football Hall of Fame. Johnson's .581 winning percentage is also the fourth-highest in school history (min. two seasons), behind only Heisman (.764), Dodd (.713) and George O'Leary (.634).

Other achievements from Johnson's tenure on The Flats include:

* Georgia Tech has finished 1st or 2nd in the ACC Coastal Division six times in his 10 seasons as head coach - the only other ACC teams to finish first or second in their division as many times in the last 10 seasons are Clemson (8), Florida State (7) and Virginia Tech (7);
* among Georgia Tech's closest academic peers at the Power 5 level - Duke, Notre Dame, Northwestern, Purdue, Stanford and Vanderbilt - only Stanford (9) has played in more bowl games over the last 10 seasons than the Yellow Jackets (8);
* at least nine wins four times in 10 seasons - prior to his arrival, Georgia Tech had just seven nine-win seasons in the previous 51 years;
* two Orange Bowl berths under Johnson (2009, 2014), the program's first appearances in a major bowl since the 1966 season;
* current NCAA Graduation Success Rate (GSR) of 82 percent is an all-time high for the program. Prior to Johnson's arrival on The Flats, the football program's GSR had dipped as low as 48 percent.All impressive achievements, IMO. Here's the kicker:
Overall, Johnson is 182-93 (.662) in 21 seasons as a head coach, including ultra-successful stints at Georgia Southern (1997-2001, 62-10 record) and Navy (2002-07, 45-29 record). His 182 career victories rank fourth among all active NCAA Division I FBS head coaches, behind only Notre Dame's Brian Kelly, Alabama's Nick Saban and Kansas State's Bill Snyder.SOLD. Johnson may not ever get the Yellow Jackets into the playoffs... but what other coach would?

Link
http://accfootballrx.blogspot.com/2018/04/why-gt-extended-cpj.html
You PJ haters ought to be ashamed to rear your ugly heads after reading that! What fool would want to get rid of a legend!! Great post my man!!!

Bobby Ross only coached 5 yrs at Tech. He coached from 87 to 91. Even though he won the national championship his record was only 36-25-1, barely over 500. I liked Bobby but he had some bad yrs also. PJ has lasted long term and has done a lot at Tech. These next 5 yrs will be his best!
Just to be super-clear, let me go on the record as saying I would ecstatically accept winning a national championship every five years and playing .500 ball the other four. Hit me with that stick over and over again.

IMHO, you ain't the Coastal Champ if you don't get the chance to win the conference champ.

Just to be super-clear, let me go on the record as saying I would ecstatically accept winning a national championship every five years and playing .500 ball the other four. Hit me with that stick over and over again.

If we win a natty, I’d genuinely be ok with 2-3 win seasons for five years before and after. Gimme dat natty.

I swear to god you must be Paul Johnson. You are a joke. No coach has even coached here for 10 years since Bobby Dodd you moron
Exactly rocket scientist no coach has been good enough to last that long idiot! You people that want to get rid of a coach like him are the damn joke. You have got öööö for brains!!!!

For a coach to come into Tech and win a natty within 5 yrs is like hitting the lottery! I wouldn't expect to see that in our life time.

I will give you an example, be honest if you will. Is Miami a good program. They have been in the ACC 14 yrs now. They just won their first coastal championship. PJ has been only in the ACC 10 yrs. He has already got 4 and been coach of the yr 3 times! Say what you want to but the man can coach.

You had to google Bobby Ross, didn’t you? I especially like how you downplay a national championship just to defend Johnson.

You can compare Ross to PJ if you want & that's OK with wins & losses. Can we all agree that Ross was good.
Could Ross do better than PJ since PJ took over? - Maybe, but when you look at the time Ross coached GT and PJ is coaching at this time , its hard to make
a true comparison.

17-20 qualifies as a whipping?

I know it's not 38-7 material but a loss is a loss.

We lost to the team that played in the ACC-CG as Coastal Champs that year so saying we were co-champs is lame AF and something only a loser would hang his hat on. Or someone with extremely low standards.

You can compare Ross to PJ if you want & that's OK with wins & losses. Can we all agree that Ross was good.
Could Ross do better than PJ since PJ took over? - Maybe, but when you look at the time Ross coached GT and PJ is coaching at this time , its hard to make
a true
BS pass interference call too.
And the whining begins!

I know it's not 38-7 material but a loss is a loss.

We lost to the team that played in the ACC-CG as Coastal Champs that year so saying we were co-champs is lame AF and something only a loser would hang his hat on. Or someone with extremely low standards.

Van says - blow a rainbow out of your @ss because you can't handle the truth!

Van says - blow a rainbow out of your @ss because you can't handle the truth!
You really do suck at being witty. It’s like you’re trying too hard. At first it was annoying. Now it’s just pitiful. Why don’t you and Van step away for some pillow talk time and give it a rest for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back