Haynes King

I probably have some perception bias but it seems most of his picks are from bad decisions rather than just straight bad throws and that seems like that would be easier to clean up because he seems like a bright kid that takes instruction well. It would be harder if he just couldn't aim the ball or something like that.

I'm not so sure it isn't easier to teach a smart kid how to aim better than to get them rid of the urge to panic when under pressure.

Yeah, I look at King as a guy that isn’t a NFL caliber QB so he does need development. I see him as a Sophomore QB that is learning a new system with new coaches. Once he learns from his mistakes and the light comes on, then he can play lights out. I’m hoping he is very close to that point.

Maybe some wishful thinking but there are some signs.

Just to be clear, he is a good QB even if he never improves and a ton better than we had previously. And he needs better talent around him.

I'm not so sure it isn't easier to teach a smart kid how to aim better than to get them rid of the urge to panic when under pressure.
could be panic, could be overconfidence/trying to do too much in certain situations, probably some of each

He has been "the man" on his teams since about 4th grade except for a time at A&M and we are not dominant by any means, so he probably thinks sometimes "I gotta do that" and it is beyond what he can do. I prefer that to being too timid.

I also notices he went back to using "at the end of the day" and Coach Key said it once or twice too, so I say let's get to the end of the day.

could be panic, could be overconfidence/trying to do too much in certain situations, probably some of each

He has been "the man" on his teams since about 4th grade except for a time at A&M and we are not dominant by any means, so he probably thinks sometimes "I gotta do that" and it is beyond what he can do. I prefer that to being too timid.

I also notices he went back to using "at the end of the day" and Coach Key said it once or twice too, so I say let's get to the end of the day.

Panic or Pressing, either is a mental barrier to be overcome that may be more difficult than a mechanical change.

The pick against unc was an over confidence pick. He tried to drop a dime into quad coverage. With that many defenders in one area, someone else was open.

He's so inconsistent.

It seems like every even numbered game we win, he'll show up on these lists afterwards. Then he lays an egg. Hopefully he turns a corner.
He's one of the top QB's in CFB with a completion % we have not seen since Godsey/Hamiltion

1, 2, 7, 21

His TD's per season in CFB

Reminds me of Godsey---(a little bit). I like his game except for his triple coverage blind spot.

I really hope he has a good game today!
The difference in mechanics and footwork from BC to UNC was quite dramatic. Hope he stays with whatever adjustments they made.

Kudos and thanks to whichever mod took care of this so quickly.

Back