Haynes King

Two is a stretch considering one was glassman
simsglass.jpg

Not so fast my friend. I've seen QBs transfer and play immediately for all kinds of reasons and that was before the transfer portal.

You don’t leave a situation that’s putting you in prime position for the NFL. Besides, he’s already transferred once and would have to sit out a year. He’s not going anywhere.
I believe you can transfer a second time and play immediately if it's for a first year coach. Domineck at CU being an example.

I believe you can transfer a second time and play immediately if it's for a first year coach. Domineck at CU being an example.
In me trying to validate the rules that allowed him to do this, I found this gem which I can't believe isn't against the NCAA rules:
"...before I entered the portal to leave Georgia Tech, I ended up going on an official visit at Jackson State," Domineck said.

In me trying to validate the rules that allowed him to do this, I found this gem which I can't believe isn't against the NCAA rules:
"...before I entered the portal to leave Georgia Tech, I ended up going on an official visit at Jackson State," Domineck said.
He graduated so he could do what he wanted.

No that is incorrect. A new coach has a window (18-24 months IIRC) where they can basically cut folks from the team if they want but the school will still honor their scholarship until they graduate. I believe this also allows them to take more transfers, but it has no bearing on a student -athlete's eligibility. That is all dependent on whether they are a 1st time transfer, grad transfer, or have to clear a waiver.

Right now, he has a decent chance to be named First or Second Team All ACC by the end of the season.

I expect ACC bias will keep that from happening. I would assume Travis and May have that wrapped up.

King now has 21 TD passes on the year - tied for 5th nationally with some pretty good company (LSU, USCw, Oregon, Colorado, Washington).

King is throwing a TD pass for every 12 attempts.

The 10 interceptions are killing his rating, tho.

I probably have some perception bias but it seems most of his picks are from bad decisions rather than just straight bad throws and that seems like that would be easier to clean up because he seems like a bright kid that takes instruction well. It would be harder if he just couldn't aim the ball or something like that.

King now has 21 TD passes on the year - tied for 5th nationally with some pretty good company (LSU, USCw, Oregon, Colorado, Washington).

King is throwing a TD pass for every 12 attempts.

And his interceptions are really head scratchers.

I mentioned in the GameDay thread that King would have to ball out the rest of the game after that pick, and he did.

Back